Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Manually Added CPEs Not Appearing

Has anyone tried to manually add any CPEs over the weekend?

I added some yesterday, but then they haven't appeared in the CPE portal or the Active Transcript in the usual time frame.

They're not showing that they've been flagged for audit or that they're "pending", so right now it's like they've just disappeared into the ether!

13 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

Has anyone tried to manually add any CPEs over the weekend?

Alec, 

I added CPE on Friday for a CSIAC webinar and it was immediately approved and appeared in both the VIEW link and the Active Transcript view.

For several months I have noticed that auto-approve is more likely if I upload a couple of evidence files with my submission. I have been using PDF files of a couple of the slides from the presentation as that evidence.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thanks @CraginS,

I also added some on Friday that were accepted immediately.

The ones I added yesterday were from a PDI course so I uploaded the certificate as evidence and was expecting them to appear immediately as per usual but they still haven't shown up.

I suspect someone needs to restart the auto approval system!

JasonSchumacher
Newcomer I

Same problem for me.  Brighttalk CPE stopped being automatically submitted on my behalf.  Member support finally answered and told me I had to add them all manually. I added them manually same as you describe and just like you say, they don't show up as pending or auditing or any record that I've entered them at all.

Like @CraginS describes I included PDFs from Brighttalk of the viewing certificate for each CEU.  problem doesn't appear to be that they are waiting as pending or auditing. but rather, there is no record at all that I even submitted to be approved.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thanks for confirming it's not just me, @JasonSchumacher!

@Kaity 

Hi Kaity,

Can you have the CPE approval system checked please? Seems at least two of us have CPEs stuck in there somewhere!

JasonSchumacher
Newcomer I

I'm up to 5 or 6 now that I've submitted manually (starting to loose count) and can't find them anywhere in the CPE portal to remember which ones I've submitted, automatic CPEs for the transcript ended for me nearly 2 months ago.  It also didn't help that my transcript "reset" and now shows that I've only completed 1 CPE in the last year, when it's more like 35 and seems like the portal doesn't remember all the ones previously accepted by Brighttalk/Bluesky automatically.

I'm hoping that eventually the CPE portal will find the leaky bit bucket and start to repost all these missing CPEs

Kaity
Community Manager

We're definitely looking into this, thanks!
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

After my CPEs not appearing for nearly a week now, I decided to perform some tests and have figured out the cause of them seemingly disappearing into the ether.

The CPE portal didn't like the fact I was only selecting domains from some of my certifications. Every test where I omitted applying the CPEs to one or more certifications by not selecting one of their associated domains resulted in the CPEs seemingly disappearing.

As soon as I select at least one domain from each of my certifications then the CPEs appear just fine.

@Kaity - can you pass this information on to the relevant people please?

I'll hold off submitting these particular CPEs until this issue is fixed as I don't believe these ones should be applied to all of my certifications.

denbesten
Community Champion

Great discovery!  Gotta love border cases.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

After my CPEs not appearing for nearly a week now, I decided to perform some tests and have figured out the cause of them seemingly disappearing into the ether.

The CPE portal didn't like the fact I was only selecting domains from some of my certifications. Every test where I omitted applying the CPEs to one or more certifications by not selecting one of their associated domains resulted in the CPEs seemingly disappearing.

As soon as I select at least one domain from each of my certifications then the CPEs appear just fine.

@Kaity - can you pass this information on to the relevant people please?

I'll hold off submitting these particular CPEs until this issue is fixed as I don't believe these ones should be applied to all of my certifications.

This appears to be fixed now. I was able to submit a test CPE against only one of my certifications and it submitted correctly as well as appearing immediately!