Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Somersault
Viewer II

Learn On Demand - Assessing Application Security

I've enrolled in the ISC2 Learn on Demand course Assessing Application Security. However when I start the Lab exercise I'm receiving an error:

Access Denied

Sorry, you do not have permission to view this resource.

The Lab exercise now has a completed status and I can proceed with the Final Assessment.

I would like to be able to start the Lab exercise first of course. Anyone running into the same?

7 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I've not tried this course yet, but there is a separate "contact us" form available under the "help" link within the learning portal where you can report issues. Seemingly this is run by a different company to ISC2 - hopefully they're more responsive than ISC2's own member support team!

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @Somersault , 

Apologies for the delay here. I have our team looking into this and they have reached out to our vendor to look into this and resolve. As soon as I have more information I will let you know here. 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @Somersault , 

I have heard back from our team and they have relayed the following information to me: 

They believe that this is due to multiple sessions being opened for this particular course.  Our team can force close any sessions under your profile for you to help resolve this issue, if you are running into it still. If you would like for our team to perform this action or have any further questions about what this would mean to your progress in this course, you can reach out to pdi@isc2.org and they would be more than happy to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
cdc
Newcomer III

I experienced the same error with the lab and reported it twice to the support link in the course.  The second time, I added ISC2 member support to the request for assistance.

The DL2 Helpdesk replied twice stating that they had sent the support request to the external vendor.

The external vendor never replied.

ISC2 member support never replied.

Does ISC2 not care that members are wasting time trying to use the new learning tools that were given as one of the reasons for the membership fee increase?

Somersault
Viewer II

I was told told by support: Currently Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and IE 11 are supported. 

I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Brave, none working except IE 11. So I'm able to start the lab now, not sure if I'm going to complete though, given the time it already took to just get started.

cdc
Newcomer III

I don't plan to access any of the Learn on the Demand training.  It isn't ready for our use and the support is dismal.

rbotvinik
Newcomer I

I am also having this issue with this course.