Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narcling
Viewer II

ISSAP, ISSEP and ISSMP going away?

I was trying to find a boot camp for the CISSP-ISSMP certification and was told by an ISC2 training partner that the CISSP concentration certifications were going away.

Is it true that ISC2 is abandoning the ISSEP, ISSAP and ISSMP?

28 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

I can assure you that's not the case. Absolutely no plans to get rid of the CISSP concentrations.

Can you let me know which partner told you that so that we can correct them? You can message me the info if you'd like.

Thanks so much!
Badfilemagic
Contributor II

I just registered to take ISSEP in May, so I hope its not going away.
-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
Kaity
Community Manager

Nope, it's not going away 🙂
ChrisBoz
Viewer II

My issue is getting any training for it. New Horizons does not offer anything currently , Global Knowledge keeps rescheduling my class to a later date due to low enrollment, and Training Camp does not have anything to offer.

It seems the books available are outdated, I am curious to what others recommend to study and prepare for the CISSP-ISSEP. Thank you in advance

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

(ISC)² doesn't have any ISSEP training at the moment, but when we do, they can be found on this page (we update as they are scheduled):
https://enroll.isc2.org/catalog?pagename=issep-training

In the mean time, you could check out Training Camp - they're an (ISC)² preferred Official Training Partner. They seem to have an ISSEP bootcamp right now -
http://www.trainingcamp.com/global/training/issep-certification-bootcamp.aspx?refer=google&keyword=i...
Badfilemagic
Contributor II

I have a ZIP file I just posted here: https://www.weaponizedawesome.com/ISSEP_resources.zip

It contains the following PDFs:

• SP800-30r1
  • SP800-37r1
  • SP800-53r4
  • SP800-64r2
  • SP800-88r1
  • SP800-100
  • SP800-115
  • SP800-160
  • DoD's Systems Engineering Fundamentals (SEF) Guide

I collected these based on the supplemental reading suggestions on the (ISC)2 website. Also, The INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook, which I got for Kindle, and the flash cards from the (ISC)2 website.

Anyone else have anything they're using for this?

-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
RA20
Newcomer I

It does seem that the add-on certifications are being restructured but it's not clear why the relevant training materials are not available either on ISC2.org or at partner sites.

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP-Concentrations/ISSMP-Domain-Change-FAQs

From what I've learned, the content of the exam is now different.   No formal training materials are available at this time.  Online training is said to be available in May 2018.

A training partner I contacted has discontinued their course that covers ISSMP, so I can also reiterate that there's a perception that the certification is going away.

Zonker
Newcomer I

This has been a concern of mine for the last couple of years. My ISSEP training in 2016 was cancelled because we were told that ISC2 was revamping the ISSAP, ISSEP and ISSMP courses and exams. Last year, the ISSEP training camp I registered for was cancelled and the partner has not run any since either. This year, I saw that ISC2 had listed a camp in the DC area for June, but when I tried to register, I was told that this was a mistake. I was also informed that the actual test changed on March 15 (2018), but that new training materials have not been published yet. For the ISSEP I know that the domains have changed from 4 to 5, but that is about all I can find out. All I can say is to keep watching the ISC2 pages for any changes. I am guessing that when they publish the new guides we can move forward again.

ChrisBoz
Viewer II

I can tell you that ISC2 is testing on the new 5 domain layout for ISSEP as I found out the hard way yesterday. I had an instructor tell me during my prep course that ISC2 was not changing the exam (even though there was a scheduled date) until they released new training material. Well I followed his advice and only studied for the old 4 domain structure and fell short when I tested yesterday, although I came super close which is encouraging. So for anyone who is planning to test, know the 5 domains and you can forget about stuff like the Federal regulations domain which is a thing of the past. I will study the new areas and plan to test in about 45 days.