Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcontesti
Community Champion

ISLA Nominations Open for one more week

This is the last week to submit nominations for ISLA Americas! Nominate an outstanding #cybersecurity professional to be honored at this year's #ISC2Congress ow.ly/5JRi50uSMI9

7 Replies
AppDefects
Community Champion

@dcontesti wrote:

This is the last week to submit nominations for ISLA Americas!

I see lots of repeat winners over the years, which is really very odd come to think about it... what do we know about the process?

dcontesti
Community Champion

So I can speak to 2018.  The nominations were received by (ISC)2.....and I have to admit there were not that many (less than 100).....

A committee was put together and we were provided with criteria to score the candidates against.  The nominator is asked to complete a questionnaire regarding why they feel the candidate should receive the award (I believe this follows a common practise).

I am not sure who the winners were previous to 2018 but I believe the 2018 winners had never won before.

I posted to try to encourage the Community to nominate folk while there was still time.

dcontesti
Community Champion

Oddly enough my line: Get your nominations in for someone that you know, does not show on the original post.

AppDefects
Community Champion

@dcontesti wrote:

So I can speak to 2018.  The nominations were received by (ISC)2.....and I have to admit there were not that many (less than 100).....

Interesting, how did you manage to get on the judging committee without being a board member? I'm only beginning to understand your influence and reach across the community.

dcontesti
Community Champion

You made an assumption here......The ISLAs are not voted by the board, they are voted by volunteers (members of the community) which management ask for on various venues.

I posted this in an attempt to get the Community more involved in the process as I saw a link saying that there were only 6 days left. 

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello! We have different groups judge different award nominations. There's a bit more information here - https://www.isc2.org/About/Award-Programs#americas

Just a few days left to nominate and as a reminder, you do not have to be a member to nominate or to be nominated! 

AppDefects
Community Champion

@dcontesti wrote:

voted by volunteers (members of the community) which management ask for on various venues.

Sounds like another fine example of a PATRONAGE APPOINTMENT to yet another (ISC)2 Committee and how the good ole boys network lives on without diversity and membership representation.