cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: ISC2 membership web site remodeling competition

@MikeGlassman wrote:

Every change that has been made to the membership web site in the last year and a half, has made things more difficult, less user friendly, and has made many of us scratch our heads and ask... wtf. imo of course.

I'll assume they used the Waterfall model & decided to put Deployment before Testing, and drastically shortened the Requirements & Design phases.

WaterFall-Model.png

I spend less time on the site now then I used to, and if it weren't for the community which I enjoy (even if it is seemingly only inhabited by a few people), I wouldn't even connect unless I couldn't find what I wanted elsewhere.

What makes the experience of being in this leaking boat even worse for me is that I don't know how to swim!

If not, then open up for a competition among members, allowing those that can (for pay of course), design a modern, working, friendly, enjoyable web site experience. I'd be glad part of my new costs went towards that.

I doubt they'll do that, but the least we're justified to as AMF-paying members is some explanation of what went so wrong --- until then I'll have to contend with making assumptions.

It's shameful to say the least as it stands right now.

This brings to mind a service provider which had a horrible designed portal --- I was actually tempted to ask them if they had the same site designer as (ISC)2. 

Having to endure this website is probably just one of the 'hidden perks' of being a member...  Man Wink

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
Highlighted
Community Champion

It would seem like one of the perks of being a member is getting a high-end car sporting loads of features that have never really been tested...  Man LOL

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Just cleared my CISSP, and endorsement was approved (8 weeks!), Just got the mail, now trying to pay my membership fees- but website keeps on redirecting me to the homepage (one with HK apac conference ad) . I cannot see my digital certificate (that’s redirecting too) ...thought this might be just mobile unfriendly..but have to say for sure after trying on Laptop....it’s user unfriendly website! Walk the talk?

Question: how should I pay ? (+why : would you buy from a website that isn’t working smooth?)
Highlighted
Community Champion

I think this is a good suggestion.

Not a huge amount to add here but to look at @AppDefects comment part f the challenge is that the solution chosen to underpin the community, was(in my experience) a support/knowledge management tool. You could for example, previously(not checked to see if you still can) mark something as ‘resolved’, this wasn’t really needed. A lot of badges, maybe too many. Maybe it’s a good design, but for something else? 🤓

So platform wise you are trying to push something over the top of something that has been replaced and it might not fit what you really want to do and users get dislocation of expectation, and to paraphrase David Shearer logistics is important and I feel ISC2 really should find ways To get the logistics right. My first action would be to look the requirements, trace, evaluate and rank and see what still holds good.

This is a quick read but gives a good snapshot of how ISC2 felt as a customer of Lithium back in 2018, and in a transformational project it’s easy to get wrapped up in pushing a message and this cuts your ability/interest to listen: 

https://community.khoros.com/t5/Lithy-Awards-2018/Lithys-2018-ISC-B2C-Community-Innovator/cns-p/4902...

Highlighted
Community Champion

@Cshah congratulations! In answer to your last (why)question, I believe it’s to make it more exiting...

@Cshah wrote:
Just cleared my CISSP, and endorsement was approved (8 weeks!), Just got the mail, now trying to pay my membership fees- but website keeps on redirecting me to the homepage (one with HK apac conference ad) . I cannot see my digital certificate (that’s redirecting too) ...thought this might be just mobile unfriendly..but have to say for sure after trying on Laptop....it’s user unfriendly website! Walk the talk?

Question: how should I pay ? (+why : would you buy from a website that isn’t working smooth?)