Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrickyDicky
Contributor II

(ISC)2 Board of Directors election

So according to the timeline at https://www.isc2.org/About/Board-of-Directors/Board-Elections the current Board's list of preferred candidates in this years election (the 2019 Slate) should have been announced on 14th June. I don't see anything on the news or the blog pages on the website, and I haven't received any email notification yet. 

Does anyone have insight into when the Slate will be announced?

It would seem that the election won't be held on time either (12th Sept) as the bylaws state that there must be 90 days between the announcement of the Slate and the election

129 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Why stop at one? LOL

Sent from my iPhone
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Sure - if we can call on our ghost army of 4,000+ members then anything is possible! Smiley Tongue

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

@dcontesti Thank you for pointing this out to us. Our teams have resolved this and the website now reflects the correct individuals who are on the slate. 

Best, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
dcontesti
Community Champion

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

Sure - if we can call on our ghost army of 4,000+ members then anything is possible! Smiley Tongue

According to the front page, the Community has 24300 members.  I  have never seen more than 100 active at any given time but then I probably haven't looked that closely at it.  Of course a number of them may be dormant accounts from lookie loos or maybe old accounts from folks who stopped by during the last election or test accounts or ........

As there has been limited response to this string of messages, I am not sure folks are interested in the elections.

d

PS: Back to moving (yuck)

dcontesti
Community Champion

@SamanthaO_isc2 wrote:

@dcontesti Thank you for pointing this out to us. Our teams have resolved this and the website now reflects the correct individuals who are on the slate. 

Best, 

Thank you for sorting this.  However I do feel sorry for John.....

dcontesti
Community Champion

@TrickyDicky wrote:

So according to the timeline at https://www.isc2.org/About/Board-of-Directors/Board-Elections the current Board's list of preferred candidates in this years election (the 2019 Slate) should have been announced on 14th June. I don't see anything on the news or the blog pages on the website, and I haven't received any email notification yet. 

Does anyone have insight into when the Slate will be announced?

It would seem that the election won't be held on time either (12th Sept) as the bylaws state that there must be 90 days between the announcement of the Slate and the election

Am curious if you ever saw the official announcement from the organization??????

dcontesti
Community Champion

Okay folks, I have decided to throw my name in the hat and try to get on the ballot as an independent.

Yes, I was previously on the board and during my time, discussions came up about increasing AMFs and aligning AMFs to be current as opposed to paying one year in arrears but each time but it was decided not to move with the re-alignment.

Also, here is the platform that I plan on running on:

• Open communications between the board and members​
  • Ensure the Membership are getting real value for their Maintenance Fees (AMFs) through knowledge bases, CPE opportunities (not just thinks like PERKS, continue to develop courses that the membership want and need.
  • Closely monitor costs 
  • Continue to develop an out reach program to younger folk, ladies and employers (Diversity)
  • Work with the Board and Management to ensure that the membership understand their benefits
  • Work with  the Board, Management, Members, Advisory Boards (where they exist) to provide a range of certificates that cover specialized areas of security.  Better differentiation for certificate holders

Here is why I think I am qualified:

•  I own a consulting firm that specializes in Industrial Control Systems and Architecture assisting firms to ensure their data is protected
  •  Was the CISO for a Global 500 organization
  • Spoken globally on topics such as Emotional Intelligence, ICS Security, Unix Security, APT, Windows Security
  • Have always made myself available to answer members' questions or concerns
  •  Understand the certification industry 
  •  Proven track record of completing projects
  •  Extensive experience in Finance, Information Security and Risk Management in industry (I started my career as an accountant)
  •  A member of (ISC)² since 1997
  • Past Chairman of the Board, during which time:
    •  We developed the Member focused strategy (some of which is being implemented now)
    •  We brought members the (ISC)² Chapter organization, something folks have been asking for over a long period of time
    •  We developed and implemented the Women's Scholarship
  •  I am a strong leader with demonstrated ability
  • I have the time to devote to being active on the board (an average Board member should spend no less than ten hours a week working on committees, projects, reading reports, etc., Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary typically spend more time)

Potentially as one of thirteen members, I hope to be able to work with the other members and management to make things happen and open communications so that things like the AMF increase are not a surprise.

In order to be considered, I need the support of no less than 500 members who are in good standing (as of June 14th, 2019) before July 13th, 2019.  Please send me an email supporting my petition to  dlcboardpetition@gmail.com and please include the following information:

- your email address as recorded with (ISC)² 

- your member (certificate) number

Thanks for your consideration and yes I will answer all emails.

Regards

Diana

AppDefects
Community Champion

Only 494 more kudo's to go! That counts right;)

TrickyDicky
Contributor II

@dcontesti wrote: 

Am curious if you ever saw the official announcement from the organization??????

Nothing yet. I believe management are investigating why some of the notices were't delivered. 

TrickyDicky
Contributor II

@dcontesti wrote:

Okay folks, I have decided to throw my name in the hat and try to get on the ballot as an independent.

I'm absolutely delighted to hear that Diana. I was privileged to serve on the Strategy Committee when you chaired it, and was thrilled when you led the charge on changing the culture of the organisation from being focused on "Certification and Education" to being focused on "Serving the Membership and Society". 

Those are qualities of true vision and leadership.