Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msterry1002
Viewer

How many CPE Credits is the PMP worth?

I just passed my PMP and I was going to use my PMP training as CPE credits, but I am not sure how many CPE credits the PMP exam is worth?  I know I can use this as a Group B credits.

Does anyone know how many CPE's I should submit?

Michael S Terry

CISSP, PMP, CEH, CNDA, ITIL v3.

2 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@msterry1002 Congratulations on passing the PMP! For the training course, you may submit 1 CPE per hour of attendance, up to 40 hours (40 CPEs) under the Group B category.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

CraginS
Defender I

Professional certification exams, whether for PMP or CISM or SANS GEIC or whatever, do not quality for CPE.

CPE are earned by activities to learn stuff to stay up to date in your certification field. Taking an exam to confirm knowledge is not a learning activity.

As for claiming CPE for your PMP study, the rules are the same as for any other CPE activity. You can claim 1 CPE for each hour spent int a class, webinar, seminar, or podcast, but no credit for self study. Further, the activity must be directly related to one of the CBK domains for Type A CPE credit. Otherwise you can claim only Type B credit.

BTW, congrats on achieving the PMP. That is an excellent complement to the CISSP.  

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts