Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anothername
Newcomer I

How long does it take for CPE credit and Test credit?

I passed my CCSP test on Weds at Pearson - the letter says 3-5 business after provisionally passing, but there is nothing on this site to indicate I even took the exam - I would think there would be some record that i had it scheduled. 

Also, I submitted CPEs for training. The portal says they were accepted, and I am 79% done with CPEs for my CISSP renewal, but the dashboard says I have 80 CPEs left. Why the disconnect and why does one page say %complete and the other is number remaining? 

It seems like ISC2 sites are still a disjointed mess with an incomplete information flow between them. 

Do i just keep waiting for these things to fix themselves?

6 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@anothername Congratulations on passing the CCSP! To confirm, the site will not show anything about the exam until you submit and pass the endorsement process. For the CPEs, these will typically be reflected within about 24 hours.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

anothername
Newcomer I

My CPEs show on Portal as accepted and 95 out of 120, but dashboard shows 80 remaining. CPEs we're submitted 3 days ago.

So I am confused as why things dont.agree.
anothername
Newcomer I

@amandavanceISC2 wrote:

@anothername Congratulations on passing the CCSP! To confirm, the site will not show anything about the exam until you submit and pass the endorsement process. For the CPEs, these will typically be reflected within about 24 hours.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Also, what is required for the endorsement process and how am i notified? I got my CISSP back when the test was on paper, so I have not gone through the ISC2 process for quite some time. 

It is a bit frustrating, that nothing is reflected on the ISC2 site in regards to provisionally passing the test. 

anothername
Newcomer I

I got my email regarding endorsement - ISC2 will endorse me because of my CISSP, but it could be up to 4 weeks now that i am "in the queue" 

Maybe this is just boiler plate, but it really is disappointing to hear that another 4 weeks may be needed. For the money paid - cost of test, yearly dues, and what they charge people for training, I expect (incorrectly apparently) a better service experience. ISC2 spends a pile of money at RSA every year so they have money, but they can't hand out certs in a decent amount of time? 

Sorry to vent, just a bit frustrating going through the process. I have not had to test in 15 years, and the experience is not what I expected. 

anothername
Newcomer I

Just some feedback to others wondering

My CPEs finally show on my dashboard. It took about 5 business days for CPEs that were accepted on the CPE portal to show on my member dashboard - even though they continue to show on the portal site and transcript the entire time. 

No idea why the systems are disconnected the way they are, but this is what our dues get us. 

amandavanceISC2

@anothername Thank you for your comments. Please note, the endorsement process takes time to ensure that applications are thoroughly being reviewed to protect the integrity of our certifications. Once your endorsement has been reviewed/approved, you will receive confirmation via email.

Best,

Amanda Vance