cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xuancao
Newcomer I

How do I know the available CISSP testing date cross the year

Hi All,

I was trying to look for the possible date for taking the CISSP test (so that I can prepare myself in advance), but I couldn't find such information. Could anyone give some suggestions?

Thank you so much!

7 Replies
WolfgangLey
Newcomer I

Hi,

testing isn't done by ISC2 itself but by a company called Pearson VUE.

You have to register with Person VUE, lookup the available testing centers and then select a date of your choice to do the test. The testing centers do offer the tests on a daily basis (or at least weekly) so no need to prepare for a specific date.

See https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam for more information

Bye,

Wolfgang.

xuancao
Newcomer I

Thank you sir!

emb021
Advocate I

Adding to what Wolfgang said:

Depending on your area, there can be several nearby testing centers to choice from.  In my area, some are only open certain days a week, which can affect available dates.

Also, testing times fill up, so when you decide to schedule a date, most likely there won't be anything available in the coming month.

Once you've picked a date, while you can re-schedule, there are some limits, and a potential charge for doing so.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
xuancao
Newcomer I

Thank you for the tip!

mitrasreeram
Viewer II

Is there a way to find out the status / availability to take the CISSP Exam after Covid-19?

My exam date/time was cancelled and I haven't been able get a response from Pearson Vue to reschedule.

Dave39
Newcomer I

I am looking for answers on this as well. I understand every country/region is different in respects to the pandemic, but it has been extremely difficult to get any reliable information from Pearson Vue. Global channels are directing people to contact local exam centers, but it's been impossible to reach any offices locally.

I don't believe Pearson Vue's exam portal reflects accurate exam dates (at least for my city) as it was showing exams available in May for certain locations, but these locations were in fact closed.

mitrasreeram
Viewer II

Slots have been made available in the DC Metro area, I think it depends on the phase rating for Covid-19. 

When I tried to reschedule before the site errors out at the payment step, in August it allowed me to confirm and schedule to sit for the exam.