cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amaf75
Newcomer II

Has been a full week since Provisionally passed, nothing from ISC2

Hello,

I have prov passed last Friday 2/26, The letter stated it may take 2-5 days, I have also emailed member services a few times. They have been completely silent. What is going on? The lack of communication is baffling. 

It seems like the CISSP_OP may have overwhelmed ISC2, which is understandable, but any communication would be great. 

41 Replies
Pureblood
Newcomer II

So after chastising us for not reading the FAQs before the test you admit that that section was not there. The 6 to 8 week thing you mentioned is burried elsewhere. Why not mention that from the beginning?

All our provisionally passed letters stated we should here back from ISC2 in two to five business days. If that wasn’t the case they should have updated the provisionally passed letter to say 6 to 8 weeks. Doesn’t sound that hard.
soufarch
Newcomer I

@AlecTrevelyan, I have already passed CISA and CISM verification, I have more than 10 years in security in all domains, so I will pass CISSP verification with no issues.

Thanks for your help
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Pureblood wrote:
So after chastising us for not reading the FAQs before the test you admit that that section was not there. The 6 to 8 week thing you mentioned is burried elsewhere. Why not mention that from the beginning?

All our provisionally passed letters stated we should here back from ISC2 in two to five business days. If that wasn’t the case they should have updated the provisionally passed letter to say 6 to 8 weeks. Doesn’t sound that hard.

Yes, it seems I got that bit wrong - I thought I had seen it in the FAQ, but according to the Internet Archive it wasn't there until recently.

Perhaps I was just assuming it was there, as I know this policy very well - as I said in an earlier post, I have fallen foul of this myself previously.

However, that doesn't change the fact that the information was available elsewhere - as the saying goes, ignorance is not a defence.

As I'm sure you'll soon learn, ISC2 does things in their own way, and have previous form for not managing people's expectations properly.

All that being said, the point I made earlier about people only being upset because the CISSP is something they value also still stands, so I hope you can understand why this delay is necessary even if it's frustrating for you.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@soufarch wrote:
@AlecTrevelyan, I have already passed CISA and CISM verification, I have more than 10 years in security in all domains, so I will pass CISSP verification with no issues.

Thanks for your help

Good luck to you - I hope you get your results soon.

I vaguely remember mine came through in about 4 weeks rather than having to wait the full 8 - but that does depend on when they started collecting exam entries to review compared with when you took your test.

Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

Ha ha ha

You started it...and in your own words

"I am just giving as good as I get "

Oouch aitn funny when you get right ?

But again what else to expect from an agent like you. Lol

Keep trying
Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

It's hard for so called community champion when they have zero certs or experience and lack basic sense of human empathy as well to feel the pain of 2000 individuals who put in lot of time, effort to go through this

But again ...I am not at all surprised with him and his honestly idiotic comments .....not at all
Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

Ha ha ha

So before telling others that did you read through it before applying was just a way to blame us ? So you Mr Community Champion
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cloudbuddy2020 

I stand by what I said. The information was there for you to do your own research. The only mistake I made was referencing the wrong page - the community admins were pointing you to the correct one.

As to empathy, I'm not here to care about your feelings. Community Champion status or not, my primary concern in this matter is protecting the investment I've made in ISC2 and their certs, and I make no apologies for that.

Cloudbuddy2020
Newcomer II

You just won't get it ......

It's not my feelings, it's the feeling of 2000 or so folks who appeare for the exam, most of them busy professionals who scarified a good chunk of time from their lives and money and what not

But again as u said before how can one expect empathy from people like you when they are just paid for this

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cloudbuddy2020 wrote:
You just won't get it ......

It's not my feelings, it's the feeling of 2000 or so folks who appeare for the exam, most of them busy professionals who scarified a good chunk of time from their lives and money and what not

But again as u said before how can one expect empathy from people like you when they are just paid for this

All they're being asked to do is wait a maximum of a couple of months - it's not exactly the end of the world!

What if you all got your results emails within 5 days, but the certifications had become compromised?

Congratulations, you've spent many hundreds of dollars and hours of studying for something that now has no value. How upset would you be then?

Yes, I know certain countries have issues with cheating in test centre hosted exams, and I have posted about those before in the members only section here on the community, but in terms of the potential scale, online exams carry a much higher amount of risk, so proper evaluation needs to be completed.

As already mentioned, whenever the exams go through a significant change, they go through this process. As such, plenty of us have been through this already and it's not that big a deal, so that's part of the reason why I understand your frustrations but frankly don't care.

Anyway, if you want to carry on the debate in a mature fashion, I'm happy to do so.

If you want to throw around erroneous and juvenile assumptions/accusations, then I'll leave you to it.