Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianJ
Viewer II

Fees Payed and CPEs satisfied

I have paid all 3 years of annual fees and satisfied all CPEs.  Does (ISC)2 automatically mail me a new certificate or is there an action I need to take? Does this happen as soon as all criteria is satisfied or does it happen closer to when my current certification expires?

11 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

They start the process after your cert expires.  Knowing how things are going at the moment, I would not be surprised if that took 6-8 weeks after expiration too.

bucknerj
Newcomer I

I called the "Contact us" phone number and the person I talked to said my certificate would be available the first business day after my cert expired. It is not available as of 7:45a, so I guess this Global Association only works bankers hours, Eastern time US. This also means that ISC2 has allowed my Certification to expire for 48+ hours which has affected my ability to do my job.

denbesten
Community Champion

@bucknerj wrote:

This also means that ISC2 has allowed my Certification to expire for 48+ hours which has affected my ability to do my job.

Could you expand on how your ability to do your job is impacted?  The value I bring to my employer is through the knowledge and experience locked up in my brain.  In my case, the date on a piece of paper on my wall has little to no impact on my ability to do my job.  Just wondering how your employer makes it different for you.

And yes, (ISC)² is located in Florida.  They primarily work 1st shift weekdays in the US Eastern timezone, with modest support services in other regions, which is why your phone call did not simply go to voice mail. 

bucknerj
Newcomer I

I have network accounts that were disabled due to the expiration of my certification and will be re-enabled once I submit my new certificate, If the certificate had been available on the 1st there would not have been a problem.

bucknerj
Newcomer I

Also I sent an email to the "Contact us" email three weeks ago and have not received a reply.
amandavanceISC2

@BrianJ Thank you for your inquiry. Please note, as long as you have met your AMF and CPE requirements, renewals are processed on the first business day following the expiration date of your three-year cycle. For example, if your certification expired on November 30, 2018 and you met all requirements, you will renew today, December 3, 2018 as this is the first business day following the expiration date.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

denbesten
Community Champion

@bucknerj wrote:

I have network accounts that were disabled due to the expiration of my certification and will be re-enabled once I submit my new certificate.

Wow, that's harsh.  Please do post back when you get things all cleared up, and I hope that you are quickly able to report success.  I'm sure you realize it, but the best place to watch for the first sign of success is the digital certificate (under "members only" after logging into www.isc2.org).  Printing and mailing the paper copy itself reportedly takes 6-12 weeks.

Seems like every three years your company is going to lose productivity for a day (of few) for you and any other certificate holders at your company.   Knowing that this is going to be a recurring annoyance, I wonder if your company would accept Amanda's posting as rationale for automatically adding a two-week grace period to the expiration date printed on the certificate?  After all, I don't think anyone honestly believes that you suddenly forgot everything you knew last Friday.

bucknerj
Newcomer I

Even better would be once fees are paid in CPE is satisfied update the certification in the last month
denbesten
Community Champion

Ideally, both would be implemented.