Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavya87
Newcomer I

Exam Writing Workshop - "education workshop"

Hi , I got an email invitation for exam writing workshop .

My question is :

Can I use this email as invitation letter to apply U.S visa as I am currently Permanent Resident in Canada.

or I need to ask them for an invitation letter.

Also , do they do hotel booking so that i can have hotel address or I need to book on my own.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

6 Replies
Chuxing
Community Champion

@bhavya87 

Not sure about visa, you need to check with US CBP or your nearest US consulate.  

As for the hotel, ISC2 will book and pay for it, no need for you to do anything, and the same goes to plane ticket, they'll send you a list of options for you to choose.

Have fun...

A Canadian Citizen does not need a VISA to enter the US although taking a copy of the email with you is not a bad idea (explains to Customs why you are going to the States).  Unfortunately you have not stated where your original home was and whether folks from that area need Visas to enter the States, so question is hard to answer.

If you got a letter from them asking you to participate, I believe the letter spells out all the details of who pays for what but if not, (ISC)2 does pay for all expenses (airfare, hotel, etc) and provide guidelines.

Regards

bhavya87
Newcomer I

Thanks a lot for your reply, really appreciate it.

Also, please tell me I replied the email of invitation by confirming that I will attend the workshop and also given them signed NDA and COI form. ( i replied within 15 minutes after receiving the email)

How soon I came to know whether my seat is confirmed for that workshop or not?

Thanks

bhavya87
Newcomer I

Thanks for reply ,

Actually I am not a canadian citizen right now, I am PR holder of Canada and a citizen of India , thats the reason I need to apply for visa
Shannon
Community Champion

@bhavya87, in the future, please post anything requiring support in the section 'Member Support'

@amandavanceISC2, please move the post, and then delete my reply. Thanks.

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
dcontesti
Community Champion

@bhavya87  I think you might be better to ask whomever sent the note to you, your questions.

Test Development staff are best placed to answer your questions.  Unfortunately we are all volunteers and may not be privy to ALL the internal workings of the organization.

Also, if you need a VISA to enter the US you might want to let them know sooner as VISAs sometimes take weeks/months to attain.

Regards