Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdc
Newcomer III

Error when accessing "View Active Transcript"

When clicking "View Active Transcript" from the CPE Portal Page, redirected to a "Sign-in with your (ISC)2 QA account to access Salesforce.com CPE Community QA (Okta ISC2QA Members)" page.  What user name and password is to be used?  This has been going on for a few days.

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 17.43.18.png

3 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

The normal answer is to use the same creds as you use for www.isc2.org. Okta is their third party authentication agent.  Oftentimes, it helps to keep www.isc2.org logged in a different window first so that the authentication cookies remain properly cached in your browser.

However, this case looks different.  You are apparently being directed from their production to their QA site, which seems wrong.  This is happening to me too. I'm suspecting a missed step in (ISC)²'s promote-to-production process.  Tagging @amandavanceISC2 so that she can alert the appropriate (ISC)² staff on Monday, which is when they next open.

cdc
Newcomer III

Thanks for the reply.  This situation wipes out 1/3 of the CIA triad.  How would we know if the other two have been affected?  Since the link has the attribute "target" set to "_blank" a new window opens automatically.

Regarding the "missed" step.  Is there a procedure for making changes, testing, then verifying that the production system is operating before heading to the beach?  Was it followed?  Who was notified if the problem was noted before leaving?  If known, why wasn't a notice provided to users or the link disabled?  

I am interested in the lessons learned from this situation.  Hopefully they will be provided.

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 11.59.13.png

amandavanceISC2

@denbesten Thank you for tagging me in this, I will let management know right away. @cdc can you please send me an email with this information (from your primary email address on file) and include your member ID number?

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org