cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horus_Lupercal
Newcomer I

Endorsement Submission Issues

Hello,

I'm currently an Associate of ISC2 attempting to complete the request to transition to CISSP status, but whenever I try to submit the request, I'm being met with the following error: 

"You must resolve the following error before you can continue:

You must have passed the certification exam within the last 9 months. Contact ISC2 Member Services at membersupport@isc2.org for additional information.​"

I contacted support on December 28th and was told that the tech team would reach out to me with a fix on my profile in approximately three days, after a week of radio silence I tried calling to get a status update. The support rep, who seemed somewhat annoyed that I would even have the audacity to ask for an update, told me they would contact me when a resolution was found. 

Is there any way to complete the endorsement process outside of the web portal? 

5 Replies
b7sw91kn7
Viewer II

I am experiencing the same issue for my endorsement. I’ve contacted support multiple times through multiple methods over the last week and a half and can’t get any ETA for resolution.

I suggested they should post a status on the site so everyone at a minimum knows it’s a known issue and can get updates on the resolution, and so they don’t get calls from every individual person, but have not seen that done yet. They confirmed it is impacting everyone so this seems like a pretty simple ask so we don’t have to keep contacting support.

I also asked if they can manually submit the endorsement on the back end on our behalf and was told that wasn’t possible.
Horus_Lupercal
Newcomer I

Thanks for the confirmation @b7sw91kn7, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

The way they are handling this issue is... disappointing. I would not allow my team to treat our end users the same way, but I guess the best we can do is continue to contact them until some ETA or mass notice is provided.

I'll drop an update here if I hear anything new, best of luck to you. 

rob_nous
Viewer

I'm also having the same issue. I'm an associate and trying to apply for full membership receiving the same exact error. I've emailed membersupport about it with all the details and hopefully it gets resolved soon. 

The odd thing is I've submitted the full membership endorsement twice before (because of some issues/miscommunications about the experience calculations) and this never happened before. Not sure what is going on with this. I have all my CPEs submitted and AMF is paid. 

rlbarber2
Viewer III

I am having the same issue here. Passed the ISSMP on Dec 30th, the application homepage even states they are waiting for my endorsement application, yet I am not allowed to submit because I "haven't passed the exam in 9 months.". My guess is that the site doesn't track years and only months?

Horus_Lupercal
Newcomer I

Hey All,

Got an email at 2:30 this morning that my application was submitted. I've been calling once per day just about every business day asking for an update, during my last call to member services, the support rep was extremely helpful - she gave me an update on the status of my case, informed me that it was a known issue, and told me she would contact the technical team directly. 

If anyone is experiencing this issue going forward, I highly recommend calling member services until you're able to receive help. Unfortunately, emails are not likely to be replied to, but I would still advise sending so you can have a timeframe to reference over the phone if needed. As far as live chat goes... it's a dead end for any actual problems. 

Good luck to you all and may the ISC2 support team bless your cases with haste and diligence.