Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Earning CPE's with (ISC)² Security Webinars - What about previously recorded webinars?

I learned about the (ISC)² Security Webinars and that you can earn CPE's attending them.  I can also see there is a great set of previously recorded webinars.  With that, is BrightTALK set up to also automatically submit CPE's for any of the previously recorded webinars that I watch now, or do we need to submit those CPE's separately?

9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Earning CPE's with (ISC)² Security Webinars - What about previously recorded webinars?

Dear @Retlaw,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes,BrightTALK is setup to submit the CPEs on your behalf within 5-7 business days of the completed webinar. If you do not see the CPEs submitted in your account within the 5-7 business day time frame, you can submit these manually under the self-study category for 1 CPE per hour of attendance. If needed, you may round to the nearest quarter hour. 

Best,

Amanda Vance

Highlighted
Viewer

Re: Earning CPE's with (ISC)² Security Webinars - What about previously recorded webinars?

Can CPE credit be applied for taking any webinar on the BrightTalk website, or is there limits as to which webinars qualify.

If CPEs can be earned by taking only certain webinars, how can we distinguished which webinars will qualify for CPE credits?

Highlighted

Yes, CPEs can be earned for any webinar on the BrightTALK platform. We ask members to use their best professional judgement when determining if an activity can be used for CPEs. As long as you are learning new information from the webinar and the subject was either domain related (Group A), or professional development (Group B), you may submit 1 CPE per hour of attendance.

Best, 
Amanda Vance

Highlighted
Viewer II

This approach by (ISC)2 is a godsend.  It can be very difficult to balance work pressures with continued professional development and it's often impossible to attend useful webinars as they happen; the ability to watch these videos later in one's own time is invaluable.