Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retlaw
Newcomer II

Earning CPE's with (ISC)² Security Webinars - What about previously recorded webinars?

I learned about the (ISC)² Security Webinars and that you can earn CPE's attending them.  I can also see there is a great set of previously recorded webinars.  With that, is BrightTALK set up to also automatically submit CPE's for any of the previously recorded webinars that I watch now, or do we need to submit those CPE's separately?

10 Replies
amandavanceISC2

Dear @Retlaw,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes,BrightTALK is setup to submit the CPEs on your behalf within 5-7 business days of the completed webinar. If you do not see the CPEs submitted in your account within the 5-7 business day time frame, you can submit these manually under the self-study category for 1 CPE per hour of attendance. If needed, you may round to the nearest quarter hour. 

Best,

Amanda Vance

vp
Viewer

Can CPE credit be applied for taking any webinar on the BrightTalk website, or is there limits as to which webinars qualify.

If CPEs can be earned by taking only certain webinars, how can we distinguished which webinars will qualify for CPE credits?

amandavanceISC2

Yes, CPEs can be earned for any webinar on the BrightTALK platform. We ask members to use their best professional judgement when determining if an activity can be used for CPEs. As long as you are learning new information from the webinar and the subject was either domain related (Group A), or professional development (Group B), you may submit 1 CPE per hour of attendance.

Best, 
Amanda Vance

MarkAH
Viewer II

This approach by (ISC)2 is a godsend.  It can be very difficult to balance work pressures with continued professional development and it's often impossible to attend useful webinars as they happen; the ability to watch these videos later in one's own time is invaluable.

Seki
Viewer

@amandavanceISC2 wrote:

Dear @Retlaw,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes,BrightTALK is setup to submit the CPEs on your behalf within 5-7 business days of the completed webinar. If you do not see the CPEs submitted in your account within the 5-7 business day time frame, you can submit these manually under the self-study category for 1 CPE per hour of attendance. If needed, you may round to the nearest quarter hour. 

Best,

Amanda Vance

If the CPEs are submitted manually, what kind of record I should keep when ISC2 send me audit request?

The BrightTalk does not produce Certificates as some other online seminar provide does.

Best Regards,
Seki.

amandavanceISC2

@Seki Thank you for your inquiry. If one of your BrightTalk CPE submissions is selected for audit, you can provide proof by doing a screen capture of the viewing history in your BrightTalk profile. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

MikeG500
Viewer II

Hi Amanda,

I recently certified as a CISSP and I watched a recorded BrightTalk webinar on GDPR last week.  There are two questions I have.  Firstly, I joined BrightTalk before I was certified and I can't find any way to add my ISC2 membership number to my BrightTalk profile.  There was an article that said you need to insert it at a certain point when wathching a live webinar but I haven't been able to do that yet.  Is there a way to do this proactively so that any recorded webinars I watch will gain CPE credit?

My second question is on the evidence of viewing for audit purposes.  I watched the webinar during week of 26th March, but in my viewing history it shows only the date the webinar ran as a live event which was prior to my CISSP certification.  How can I prove that I watched a webinar as a recorded event and not as a live attendee?

amandavanceISC2

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately, BrightTalk does not have a way to enter in the ID number after creation. I have checked with a BrightTalk rep. and they suggested deleting your account and recreating; however, I would not advise to do this as it would delete anything you've already viewed and CPEs from BrightTalk don't always get submitted on your behalf. I would advise to submit your CPEs manually under the self-study category for 1 CPE per hour of attendance. For audit purposes, we accept a screenshot of the viewing history, showing the webinar since BrightTalk does not provide certificates of completion. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Ramon
Newcomer II

Sorry if the answer to my question is already answered in the posts before.

What I understand is that CPE's for BrightTalk recordings can be manually submitted, but what about recordings from ISC2? Are CPE's for these recordings submitted automatically or do I need to do that manually?