Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CISOScott
Community Champion

Do you tally if a user attempts to submit posts that have an offending word in them?

Hello,

I tried to post a reply and got the following response: with an ! substituted for the I and the dashes were added.

"You used a bad word, p-r-!-c-k, in the body of your post. Please clean up the body before posting."

I was referring to getting a drop of blood from a finger stick to obtain DNA not in a bad manner.

I didn't want to get banned for trying to use profanity when I wasn't and there wasn't anywhere for me to explain myself so that is why I am posing this question.

If you can't answer it because of security reasons I understand, just hopefully you look at the context it was used in and not just a dirty word counter.

Thanks,

4 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@CISOScott Thank you for checking with us. I read the original reply you made and can confirm your account is ok. The word used is censored for other reasons, which is why it was flagged. I appreciate you checking and redoing your response.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

CraginS
Defender I

@CISOScott wrote:

Hello,

I tried to post a reply and got the following response: with an ! substituted for the I and the dashes were added.

"You used a bad word, p-r-!-c-k, in the body of your post. Please clean up the body before posting."

I was referring to getting a drop of blood from a finger stick to obtain DNA not in a bad manner.

I didn't want to get banned for trying to use profanity when I wasn't and there wasn't anywhere for me to explain myself so that is why I am posing this question.

If you can't answer it because of security reasons I understand, just hopefully you look at the context it was used in and not just a dirty word counter.

Thanks,

Scott,

We had a discussion here three months ago on the problems of banning specific words in the thread

Ridiculous Community Censorship

Banning single words is always a problem, when words have different meanings in context.

Recall some years ago when Facebook banned pages dealing with caner because they included the word breast.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Flyslinger2
Community Champion

M.a.y.b.e. w.e. w.i.l.l. n.e.e.d. t.o. a.d.o.p.t. o.t.h.e.r. m.e.t.h.o.d.s. o.f. c.o.m.m.u.n.i.c.a.t.i.o.n.s. t.o. b.y.p.a.s.s. t.h.e. c.e.n.s.o.r.s.h.i.p. 

I thought we were all professionals here?  It's ironic that the words that we can't use here we have to deal with daily in our roles as InfoSec gurus.

rslade
Influencer II

Ah, yes, the dreaded pr0n filter strikes again!  @CraginS has mentioned the main discussion of it, but it has also come up with odd terms you can't use, and has prompted a formal request for it's removal.  I've tried to keep track of some of the things you can't say in the "community."  Thanks for adding to the list.

You can say 01110000 01110010 01101001 01100011 01101011, or 01110000 01101111 01110010 01101110 or 01100100 01100001 01101101 01101110 ...

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468