Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

Credential Renewal

My customer requires me to keep my credentials updated.   So I've completed my CPE's and paid my fee's, but my expiration date is still the same.    

When does it update?  (and PLEASE don't tell me next month)

To maintain access with my customer I can't expire i.e. wait till the first of the month.

19 Replies
Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

ISC(2) are you in there?

Now that you have created this monster of a credentialing system, it seems that you may have to invest some time and money into it to manage our (your customers) data to be current.

Because you only process renewals on the first business day after my credential expires, and thus won't update my expiration date, my customers will be denying me from work and probably canceling my account(s) accesses because you will not certify that I'm current on training and paid my fee's.

Please remind me why I (we as a group) pay you $125 a year?

Looking for a solution ASAP!

Please fix this!   As I see it, you won't get around to officially marking me current until August 6th, 2020 or so!

CraginS
Defender I

@AndreaMoore I think this is the third member post here who needs to have no break in ability to present a current certification to an employer or client. We have learned that renewals are not started until the expiration day, guaranteeing at least two weeks of break in presentable verification, Cab you please push to elevate the issue so that renewal begins any time within 60 days of the current expiration date as soon as CPE have been verified and the AMF has been paid?

@Joe_Duffy is correct, this is a critical support issue for members after (ISC()2 spending years convincing employers to rely on the "Gold Standard.:

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

Craig,

Appreciate the assist, hopefully it will help

Respectfully,

Joe Duffy

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Joe_Duffy  - I will send this to Member Support to have someone assist you. If you need further assistance, you can email/call Member Support at https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us

@CraginS - Thank you. I will forward your comments along as well. 

ISC2 Community Manager
mencik
Contributor III

This should really be easy. ISC2 opens the ability to pay annual fees at some point in advance (45 - 60 days?). Once that fee has been paid and the system recognizes that CPEs have been fullfilled, simply increment the expiration date by 3 years. 

This will affect me as well this coming November. I hope that the system will be fixed by the time I pay my fees sometime in October.

Steve Mencik
CISSP, ISSAP, ISSEP

Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

Wow this has been known for a 1.5 years and no one has attempted to fix it?

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/ISC2-Certification-Renewal-Policy-Negative-Impact-Payin...

Yes my access will be "disable" and possible "deleted" if I can't get my updated credentials into the proper systems.

With COVID-19 and other staffing problems going on in DOD, they are actually being more stringent because there are less people available to watch and defend.

@CraginS pointed you all to this back in February 7th, 2019.

Respectfully,

- Joe

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Joe_Duffy 

As long as you are current on AMFs and have satisfied your CPE requirements during your certification cycle, your verification results returned here https://www.isc2.org/MemberVerification will not show as expired. Your current expiration date of July 31, 2020 will update to July 31, 2023 on August 1, 2020, when monthly recertifications are run. Your verification results will not return an expired certification date during this time period. If you would like to verify the status of your account, including confirmation of AMF and CPEs, please contact membersupport@isc2.org.

ISC2 Community Manager
Joe_Duffy
Newcomer II

@AndreaMoorethat is not the issue,  I need to show the date prior to 7/31/2020.

I have to upload my certificate to them prior to to maintain accreditation. 

The DOD systems use the actual date in there system.   So there will be a gap.   They will still have 7/31/2020 in their system on 8/1/2020 and ISC(2) data won't show up there for a day or few.

This chicken and egg issue is going to cause me a week off because I won't be able to show I'm current PRIOR to the expiration and I will get locked out for not being current.

ISC(2) claims to be the Gold Standard of certifications, well we need the organization to get out of the old days of when we get around to it.

There are plenty of credential systems (even state department of licensing) that issue credential prior to their expiration date  (look at your drivers license)    In my state (Minnesota) if your drivers license expires, you have to take the test again. 

So lets get updated here!   

mencik
Contributor III

The new renewal date should update as soon as the payment of fees is accepted and CPEs are satisfied. Computer technology is sufficient to allow for something more than a monthly update. Please move your computer systems out of the 1970's batch mode.