Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BubbaFromGA
Newcomer I

Counting similar course twice for CPEs

I work for a company that makes security products. We run a series of different classes. The classes get redesigned and updated periodically. Is it ethical to count the class each time I take it if it has been redesigned and updated? I looked in the CPE FAQ, and didn't see this question addressed.

2 Replies
LArchinal
Newcomer II

I am no expert, but this is my opinion:

A CPE is considered a continuing professional education credit. Saying that, I do not see it unethical to submit each UPDATED class for CPEs. As long as you are learning something new, I do not see why it would violate any ethical standards. THAT BEING SAID: I am no expert and the final decision falls on ISC2. I would reach out to info@isc2.org through email to get your specific question answered.  I hope this helps.

amandavanceISC2

@BubbaFromGA Thank you for your inquiry. We ask members to use their best professional judgement when determining if an activity meets the guidelines to submit. I would say that as long as the course redesign/update was significant and the majority of the information is new information, you may submit the CPEs. I would suggest keeping record of the changes in case the CPE submission is selected for a random audit.

If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance