Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amosaesoph
Viewer

Consolidating email accounts

On August 8, I provisionally passed, however the test results some how were associated with an old email address from a previous employer. As I don't have access to this email, I have asked ISC2 customer service to correct the issue and consolidate my account to a single personal email. I have asked for this 3 times now, on Sept 4, Sept 18, and Oct 7, each with the customer service person telling me this will be fixed, and each time not getting any further responses. I called again this morning, and was told they submit a ticket and then have to wait for a response from a third party. I am now coming up on 3 months since the test with no actual certification, which is starting to cost me money and credibility.

3 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Do you need to reset your password for the account associated with the email address you no longer have access to? As if you don't and you are able to login, you don't really need to receive emails to complete the endorsement process - you can progress your application without the emails as long as you keep checking back for progress, then you can worry about consolidating the accounts afterwards.

If you do need support you might have to wait a few days for anyone official to respond on here as they're probably all at the ISC2 Security Congress event.

amosaesoph
Viewer

Thanks. Now that I know I don't need access to the email, I had my old job re-setup my email address and forward the password reset message to me. I now have access to the correct ISC2 account, and was able to submit my endorsement. Thanks!

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Glad to help!

Just to make you aware, if you're being endorsed by an existing ISC2 member, you'll receive an email once they have provided their approval saying your endorsement has been received and placed in the queue.

After that there will be a 4-6 week wait (this is running closer to 6 weeks at the moment) when you'll receive another email asking for your first AMF to be paid.

Once that is paid you'll be a CISSP where I presume they'll send you another email.

So, ask your endorser to give you a heads up after they have provided their approval, then 6 weeks from then check your account and it should prompt you for payment.

NB - I know you can add a secondary email to your account without needing member services to help, but I don't know if/when that gets used?