Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeesh
Newcomer I

Cissp cpe

I have passed cissp, endorsement finished and yet to pay my first AMF( planned after covid lockdown).. Meanwhile joined one online python certificate course for 8 hrs during lockdown. My doubt is can I utilize this python course as CPE for my First year of cpe cycle?...
Thanks and regards
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...
4 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

If you haven't paid your first AMF then you won't be a CISSP yet and therefore you won't have your 3-year cycle start and end dates.

CPEs have to be earned within your cycle dates, so you won't be able to count any for the course you've just done.

I recommend you read the CPE handbook if you have any further queries - chances are you'll be able to find the answer in there:

https://www.isc2.org/cpe-handbook

pradeesh
Newcomer I

Thanks for the replay...

Some doubts........... 

1.  whether  online courses and learning  videos available  in Udemy , coursera and Cybrary  are eligible  for CPE  for CISSP ?

2.  What are the documents are to submitted for auditing ?..  A course completion certificate is enough or any other screenshots,notes or anything additional requirement is there?..  This is  helpful because not all online courses are providing certification of completion. Some courses are providing only participation certificate..

Please clarify

thanks and regards

CraginS
Defender I

@pradeesh wrote:

Thanks for the replay...

Some doubts........... 

1.  whether  online courses and learning  videos available  in Udemy , coursera and Cybrary  are eligible  for CPE  for CISSP ?

2.  What are the documents are to submitted for auditing ?...

Please clarify

thanks and regards

CPE Questions: Read This First!

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
emb021
Advocate I

An important thing (which was hinted at by others) is:

Have you received an email from ISC2 stating that you have now been certified, and when your 3 year cycle starts?

If you haven't paid your AMF, I doubt this has happened.

This is important because any CPE activities you do BEFORE the start of your 3 year cycle DO NOT COUNT.

Get that addressed ASAP!

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow