cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syam
Newcomer I

Cissp associate

I passed cissp exam today
I submitter associate option in the tool when registering for the exam by mistake

I have 9 yrs for works experience in more than 2 cissp domains

How can i proceed with the certification process not as an associate
6 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Syam I sent this to Member Support for you. https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us

ISC2 Community Manager
CraginS
Defender I

@Syam wrote:
I passed cissp exam today
I submitter associate option in the tool when registering for the exam by mistake
I have 9 yrs for works experience in more than 2 cissp domains
How can i proceed with the certification process not as an associate

Syam,

Glad you are on track to certification, and congratulations on surviving the exam.

@AndreaMoore  has already started the process to have Member Support send you the Endorsement Process instructions for full certification. I am writing this reply for the benefit of others who may see the topic and read the thread.

As we have discussed several times on the forum, there is no such thing as CISSP Associate.  The proper term is Associate of (ISC)2, which is available to anyone who has passed any one of the many (ISC)2 certification exams but does not, yet, have sufficient experience for certification. The reason for the name is because (ISC)2 jealously guards the certification names (especially CISSP), and forbids anyone from even using the term unless certified. They are concerned that resumes with language like "passed CISSP Exam" or "CISSP Associate" will be misread and the person perceived as being certified. Further, if the usage is determined to be intentionally misleading, that person can be adjudged as having violated the Code of Ethics and be barred form ever becoming certified by (ISC)2.

Another subtlety: Once you have any (ISC) certification, you are a full member, and the Associate status no longer applies as you seek additional certifications. Just claim the certification you hold, and describe experience in the sub field without naming the expected new certification until you are certified (e.g.. "with added experience in cloud security"). Plus, once a certified (ISC)2 member you can self-endorse for additional certifications.

Congrats, again, and good luck!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Syam
Newcomer I

Thanks cragins
Syam
Newcomer I

Thanks Andrea
balajits1724
Viewer

Hi Andrea,

I have registered for the CISSP exam for 28th April 2021. I have done the same mistake of selecting "Associate of ISC2" though i have 14 years of work experience in across Security Domain.

Could you please help me in correcting the mentioned mistake? Please guide me on the process to get it corrected.

Thanks

Balaji TS

tonyshiver
Contributor II

@balajits1724 

Since you've selected Associate of (ISC)2 during the registration process, you can't make a change yet.  After you pass your exam, you'll have an opportunity to submit an online endorsement for the CISSP certification.  

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at http://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us

Tony Shiver
Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.