Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denbesten
Community Champion

Challenge Coin

Has consideration been made towards producing a CISSP challenge coin that would only be available to CISSPs in good standing?  Here are a bunch of samples for inspiration.  It would complement the lapel pin and digital badge programs.

3 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Isn't that the CISSP digital badge or lapel pin does already?

I'm also not sure the military overtones fit in so well with inclusivity - personally I like them, was in and would love to talk about my 'march and shoot' medal, but I have seen and experienced less enthusiasm lower others in  others*.

I would also caution against badge creep and wouldn't want to pre-empt decertification due to not meeting requirements want to detract from simple online verification:

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 1.56.44 PM.png

* The fools, until the joys of yomping 20 miles, whilst carrying 40 kilos after 10 pints the night before with shouty men have been experienced, they just haven't lived. I was never shot at, but I'm very sure that's fun too...

I concur and have asked ISC2 repeatedly in 2016 & 2017 about the possibility of introducing a CISSP challenge coin for member in good standing.  I have not heard any reply and support the question posted in February 2018 making the suggestion.  A challenge coin would be on display about the status of an ISC2 member vs. the lapel pin that is never worn in an office setting that I have ever encountered, even amongst fellow CISSP's.  Just my opinion of course, but I support the idea of creating an ISC2 CISSP challenge coin.

CyberNorris
Viewer

I'm also in favor of a challenge coin. I have a few, both military and non-military. I personally view it more as a collectable than anything to be used as a credential.