Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austin_Shawaga
Viewer II

Challenge CISSP Exam Without Work Experience as Member (CC)

Hello,

I just recently received my CC certification making me a member of ISC2.

My current professional master's program is offering a CISSP bootcamp, and I am considering challenging the exam after the bootcamp and studying. However, I lack the 5 years of work experience required for the certification.

I understand there is an associate pathway, but I am unsure whether I can qualify to become an associate considering I am already a member of ISC2 by virtue of my CC certification.

Are there any options for me to challenge the CISSP exam, prior to obtaining the work experience, given my current CC and membership status?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!

1 Reply
CBMExamTeam
ISC2 Team

@Austin_Shawaga Thank you for reaching out via the Community Board. Congratulations on being CC-certified!
Members seeking more than one ISC2 certification can be members while having "Associate" status in a different certification.

Once you pass the CISSP exam and request "Associate" status, you will have six (6) years to complete the 5 years of work experience in at least two of the eight CISSP domains of the CISSP CBK. Your degree will be recognized as one year of experience.

You can check the CISSP Exam Outline CISSP - English for more in-depth information.