cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwr
Viewer

Certified Membership Voucher

Hi

When I try to pay for Annual Maintenance Fee, I'm offered two options: "Pay with Card" or "Use Certified Membership Voucher".

How can I get/buy/order the Certified Membership Voucher to pay for my AMF?

I asked Members' Support about it two weeks ago, but no reply. Member Support EMEA doesn't reply either.

best regards

mwr

13 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

The vouchers are not used by us "ordinary people".  Vouchers are used with organizations (mostly governmental) who pay AMFs for lots of people and insist on paying by purchase order.  In those cases, membership vouchers are sent to the organization, who hands them out to their employees.

More typical scenarios are to pay by a credit card, mail them a check or to do a wire transfer.  In those cases, you can either have your company pay (if they will do that) or pay yourself and ask your company for reimbursement.

AppDefects
Community Champion

@denbesten wrote:

The vouchers are not used by us "ordinary people".  Vouchers are used with organizations (mostly governmental) who pay AMFs for lots of people and insist on paying by purchase order. 

I'd really like to see (ISC)2 enter into more relationships with organizations that have a large number of certified employees. IAPP does it really well why can't we? I suspect it has something to do with CPE management...

mwr
Viewer

@denbesten wrote:

The vouchers are not used by us "ordinary people".  Vouchers are used with organizations (mostly governmental) who pay AMFs for lots of people and insist on paying by purchase order.  In those cases, membership vouchers are sent to the organization, who hands them out to their employees.

More typical scenarios are to pay by a credit card, mail them a check or to do a wire transfer.  In those cases, you can either have your company pay (if they will do that) or pay yourself and ask your company for reimbursement.

Thanks for the answer.

Another problem I see then is that my company wants to pay, but they insist on getting a pro forma invoice in advance. And the Member Support doesn't reply to emails... Is there any other way of getting in contact with the ISC2 than sending emails?

integritydan
Viewer

Hello

Thank you for this update. 
I came here with the hopes of finding a solution to the issue I am having with payment.

"Transaction declined, please review your credit card information and try again or use a different card"

I have tried several cards.

I have the full amount in my card but for some reason it keeps declining the payment. 

If there is an issue with support not replying , should I be worried?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@mwr you can contact Member Support Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
+1-866-331-ISC2(4722)
+1-727-785-0189
membersupport@isc2.org 
or reach out to call your local office: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us 

ISC2 Community Manager

I have the same problem, please we need your help.

blackdraft
Viewer

Any idea why it takes days for member-support to reply to their emails? i've emailed them twice now.. i have been trying to make the AFM payment for the past month (tried 7 times) and keep running in to said error. I have 10 days left to do the payment. This reflects quite poorly on ISC2 1 - stuff does not work 2 - customer service is unresponsive/slow.

Shannon
Community Champion

@blackdraft, assuming you're referring to the error @integritydan mentioned, my advice to you is to ensure that you've fully attempted to tie up any loose ends on your side --- can prove it

Here's a hypothetical scenario --- based on stuff I often unwittingly witness at work --- to show how this can matter...

1. An employee contacts a helpdesk technician, complaining that he can't login to the CRM app at this desk.
  2. The helpdesk technician rules out the usual stuff (n/w connectivity, redundant cache, etc.) & then escalates this to the app administrator.
  3. The app administrator ensures that his app's working fine, & contacts the virtualization administrator.
  4. The virtualization administrator detects a communication issue, & contacts the network engineer.
  5. The network engineer checks & assures him that nothing's been done by him / his team, & then contacts the security administrator --- who also has access to his switches / firewalls.
  6. The security administrator admits that he made some changes on the firewall as part of a security measure, & agrees that it's impacted the CRM app. He rectifies those changes, & shortly, all's OK...

Or so it seems...

The employee couldn't accomplish some tasks in time --- & this has consequences. Management doesn't accept that he couldn't use the CRM system, & alas, he can't prove that he'd duly contacted the necessary parties. (They in turn claim that all was OK on their side, & they weren't communicated with properly)

Bottom line: Even if the system is at fault, it's the user who often pays the price...

To reduce the risk of becoming that user, ensure that this isn't related to your systems, accounts, connection, time, etc. Also take screenshots / transcripts / printouts of whatever you can --- including your communication with support.

Last but not least, make sure that you've painted your picture properly, & have support confirm that they see it just well as you can...   

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
SOLXRP
Viewer II

Were you able to resolve AMF payment error. I have just run into the same problem. seeing many person make the same complain reflects very poorly on ISC2. And the membership support never replies emails.