Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewSimon
Newcomer I

Certification and Account Suspended for no reason

I have held a CISSP Certifiation since 2008. I have never been late on payments or fees. I logged into my account today to pay my annual service fee only to be greeted by a banner saying both my certification and account have been suspended. What is this garbage? Another CISSP in my office has the same situation. I tried to call your support numbers only to be greeted why and answering machine. Sort yourselves ISC2. This is piss poor support and action on your part. 

19 Replies
MarkBe
Viewer II

I do not even have a banner, my account now says nothing. It says non-member. i was paid up and had the requisite number of CPEs for this year. All I get when I call is an answering machine.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Ironically, being fully paid up in advance seemed to be one of the main triggers for this issue!

You'll need to persevere with trying to contact Support as there are plenty of others in the same boat hence the delayed response to voicemails and emails.

Maybe one of the kind ISC2 employees who help manage and administer the forum can help you?

@SamanthaO_isc2 

@Kaity 

@amandavanceISC2 

@Jarred_LeFebvre 

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @MarkBe

I would be happy to look into your account and assist you further. Can you either PM me with your member ID and the primary email address or email me at community@isc2.org please? 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
MarkBe
Viewer II

Did you get my PM?

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello Mark, 

I apologize for the delay, I replied to your PM. 

Best, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Jerryjcharles
Newcomer I

Hi mark,

I called to have my account unsuspended. Can you confirm my account is now unsuspended?

Get Outlook for iOS
jimscard
Newcomer III

As a long-time PCI QSA (P2PE) and PA-QSA (P2PE), I wanted to point out that there's nothing wrong with a merchant accepting payment card information, including the primary account number (PAN) and card verification codes/values (CVV2, CVC2, CID) over the phone -- presuming that their call center is PCI DSS compliant.

in fact, the entire reason that the CVV2/CVC2/CID exist is to provide verification that the customer is in possession of the card at the time of a card-not-present mail/telephone/online transaction. 

I generally advise clients not to accept the card verification codes/values over the phone, however, because most of them record the phone transaction -- and PCI DSS prohibits storage of sensitive authentication data (SAD), including the card verification codes/values after the transaction  has been authorized, which greatly complicates call recording scenarios, since they would have to ensure that SAD is not ever recorded.

Jim Scardelis, M.S., CISSP, CISA, CEH, PCI Secure Software, Secure SLC, P2PE, P2PE Application & 3DS Assessor, PCIP, CIPP/US, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPT, CTT+
Any views or opinions contained in this communication are solely those of the author.
hvganie
Viewer II

Thanks for your message and kindness for asking to message in private.  My few questions are:

1. How should i resolve this account suspended issue?

2. Once i got a call from the support center, but due to emergency i could not attend the call. On calling back the number, it lands on automated system.

3. Even i receive emails saying that i have to share credit card number, validity, CVV details over phone for activating the membership, which is totally absurd with respect to security.

4. Should there any other means to sort out this issue at the earliest without expecting the support staff to call me?

Thanks

Ganesh V

anji_chagaleti
Viewer II

Hi Support Team,

I passed my CC exam yesterday.

In order to fix the issue, all I need to do is pay $50 to just maintain my candidature status?

or I have to pay  $50 for last year and $50 for the coming year after passing the CC exam (AMF).

My current ISC2 account (anji.chagaleti@gmail.com) is linked to my CC and upcoming CISSP exams and I don't want to disrupt those exams and I already paid for CISSP exam (peace of mind offer).

Kindly confirm as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Anji
anji_chagaleti
Viewer II

Hi Support Team,

I passed my CC exam yesterday.

In order to fix the issue, all I need to do is pay $50 to just maintain my candidature status?

or I have to pay $50 for last year and $50 for the coming year after passing the CC exam (AMF).

My current ISC2 account (anji.chagaleti@gmail.com) is linked to my CC and upcoming CISSP exams and I don't want to disrupt those exams and I already paid for CISSP exam(peace of mind offer).

Kindly confirm as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Anji