Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmed_akl
Newcomer I

Certificate not received

I earned my CISSP in May 2018 and I did not receive my hard copy certificate. I presume it was lost in the mail. I sent an email to membersupport@isc2.org asking on how to request another certificate package but didn’t get a response. Any help please.
18 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@Caridad 

Would you be able to assist on this one?

Regards

Diana

amandavanceISC2

@ahmed_akl Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you haven’t received your certificate or a response. Please email me at avance@isc2.org with your primary email address and member ID number, as well as the full and complete postal address the package should be sent to. If you would like me to add your mobile number to your postal label, please also include that.

Thank you,
Amanda
ahmed_akl
Newcomer I

@amandavanceISC2 Thank you for your prompt response. I have just sent you the details requested.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Ahmed Akl 

Caridad

Thank you Diana and Amanda!

rbotvinik
Newcomer I

This has also happened to me.  I passed my CISSP exam June 4, and still haven't received my certificate.  Emails to ISC2 go unanswered.  Very frustrating since its $700 to take the test, you expect a higher level of service.

denbesten
Community Champion

@rbotvinik wrote:

This has also happened to me.  I passed my CISSP exam June 4, and still haven't received my certificate.  Emails to ISC2 go unanswered.  Very frustrating since its $700 to take the test, you expect a higher level of service.

Are you aware that after passing the exam, there are two additional  steps, endorsement and paying the AMF, before the certificate is mailed?

Given that you do not have a CISSP badge on your community profile, I suspect that you are stuck in "endorsement".

And yes, when facing first-class prices, it is perfectly reasonable to expect first-class service.

rbotvinik
Newcomer I

I was told my certificate would be mailed within 12 weeks. Now you are
saying I have to pay more to get a hard copy of the certificate? So the
annual maintenance fee is a condition of being certified? This is the
first I'm hearing of my cert being held ransom for payment of
additional fees.
denbesten
Community Champion

Passing the test is only the first step in becoming a CISSP.   You also need to demonstrate 5 years of experience, a process they call endorsement.  Based on the information available to me, it does not look like you have completed endorsement and are not yet a CISSP.  Since 12 weeks for mailing does not start until after you have been awarded the CISSP, I recommend first focusing on completing your endorsement (or figuring out why the records are out-of-date).

After you have become a CISSP, it is necessary to do a few things to keep the credential.  Namely, you must annually pay the $125 AMF and you must earn ~40 hours of continuing education (see the link for details). 

Here is a humorous look at the steps you need to follow.

Ramon
Newcomer II

Hi, I noticed my collegue received a CISSP certificate by (snail)mail after confirming/reinstating/re-usue of his CPE points. So he is 'in good standing'. 

I never received a re-issue of my certificate by (snail)mail since receiving my CISP in 2016.

Why?