cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djon1
Newcomer I

Can i use my friend's credit card for payment

Hi

I do not have credit card, since the payment is not accepting the debit cards. wondering will there any issue with testing center on name on card/payment/billing mismatches.

Can i use my Friends credit card and he is from different country ?

Thanks

2 Replies
tonyshiver
Contributor II

@djon1 Thank you for your payment inquiry.  Please contact Member Services at membersupport@isc.org and include your Member ID.  One of our Customer Service Coordinators can assist with your payment questions.

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
denbesten
Community Champion

@djon1 wrote:

Can i use my Friends credit card ...

I suggest that it is never appropriate to use a credit card that is not yours.  Instead, your friend should call in and pay your invoice.

Just as you should not be giving your card number to anyone (unless paying a bill), you should actively avoid learning anyone else's card number.  If their card were to be later compromised, you might end up needing to answer some very uncomfortable questions that could jeopardize a friendship.

If you do not have enough financial history to get a credit card, you might consider a secured card to start building that all-important credit rating and so that you will not have the same problem when AMF time comes around.  The bank that holds your debit card may be willing to do some sort of deal where they issue you a secured card and then convert it to a credit card after a year's good payment history.  That is how I got started.