Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rivaldo
Newcomer I

CPEs not entering correctly on (ISC)² website

Tried to enter CPEs today for a webinar that I took which should be classified as "Online webinars, podcasts and other online materials" but the entry would only show up as "Chapter Formation or Management" on the transcript.  I entered all the information correctly and selected the appropriate checkboxes.  I deleted these entries given that they showed up incorrectly, even after I had tried multiple times.  I tested again with only minimal text, and even logged out and in and went back to try again, but got the same result.  I have seen other odd occurrences before when trying to log my CPEs, but not as bad as this time.  What is wrong with the (ISC)² website?  Where do I get support for this issue?

21 Replies
Mondo11
Viewer II

I have also noted this web site bug. 

Can we please get a status update on this situation - thank you

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Mondo11 & @Rivaldo 

I sent the information you provided here to Member Services to assist you. A team member will reach out to you. 

ISC2 Community Manager
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Mondo11 @Rivaldo 

They are aware of issues and tickets have been generated. I will report back when I hear it is resolved. 

ISC2 Community Manager
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Rivaldo @Mondo11 

While you're waiting to hear back use the steps outlined in the post I've linked below to enter any Group A CPEs - these use known working options:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CPE-not-getting-credited-automatically/m-p/21405#M4085

EDIT: seems the advice in the post I linked is no longer good due to recent changes to the CPE portal. I had success submitting a test CPE using the "Online webinars, podcasts and other online materials" option, just be careful not to run into the known bug with overly long entries in the fields.

Rivaldo
Newcomer I

Thanks for the info, @AlecTrevelyan - that is how I am adding my CPEs.  The problem is with the programming of the portal, though.  I selected "Online webinars, podcasts and other online materials" as a CPE type, but the result on my transcript shows as "Chapter Formation or Management."

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Rivaldo

I think the recent CPE submission issues are all resolved now for new submissions - I was certainly able to submit a "Courses and Seminars - Other" CPE and have it appear correctly just now.

However, all my previous "Education Courses and Seminars" submissions show in the active transcript as "Information security professional association chapter meeting" entries so it appears there's still some work to do there.

NB - all of the "Online webinars, podcasts and other online materials" submissions show correctly in the active transcript.

One thing I did note was, there is now a "Group B" option amongst the domains for each of my full certifications (i.e. not the CISSP Concentrations). So you can much more easily submit Group B CPEs now.

Riesjart
Newcomer II

Hi @AndreaMoore is there any news on this issue?

At this moment I'm unable to submit some CPEs I received for attending a CRISC course. I can select "Education" > "Courses and Seminars - Other", but I'm unable to add some details, like CPE points and other information. The "Details" field is unavailable. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,

Richard.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Riesjart wrote:

Hi @AndreaMoore is there any news on this issue?

At this moment I'm unable to submit some CPEs I received for attending a CRISC course. I can select "Education" > "Courses and Seminars - Other", but I'm unable to add some details, like CPE points and other information. The "Details" field is unavailable. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,

Richard.

@Riesjart  I'll check on this for you. 

ISC2 Community Manager
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Rivaldo @Riesjart @Mondo11 

Please reach out to Member Support at https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us

Send an email with the issue you are experiencing, your Member ID and your contact information. 

They are aware of issues with the CPE portal and are working to resolve it. In the meantime, they can assist you with updating your CPEs. 

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

ISC2 Community Manager