cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
F--Z
Newcomer I

CPE - "250-word description" meaning

Hello,

Since I'm CISSP certified, I'm listening to a lot of security podcasts and I've subscribed to a few paper security magazine. But when reading the CPE guide, I'm not sure about the meaning of "250-word description".

In the CPE rule section, it's only written "250-word description" and for me it's meaning that it should be a 250 words description but in the "Documentation Required" it's written "no more than 250 words".

So the stupid question is "250 words description" is a maximum or a minimum in Education category?

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

As you say, in the CPE Handbook the CPE rules for the education section request a 250 word description, but this is then expanded on in the documentation required section by saying "A brief description no more than 250 words of what you learned...". So, I'd read that as 250 being the maximum.

I have some issues with the CPE portal at the moment so I don't know how concrete my tests were but the field seemed to allow me to enter more than 250 words without complaining, and I doubt the CPE submission would be rejected if you go over the 250 word limit by a few words. I think they're just looking to put a limit on it so their CPE auditors aren't there reading War and Peace for each submission.

Kaity
Community Manager

250 words is a suggestion for the length ... that way you don't end up spending as much time on describing your CPEs as you did on actually earning them! If we need more information to approve an activity, we'll reach out 🙂
F--Z
Newcomer I

@Kaity wrote:
250 words is a suggestion for the length ... that way you don't end up spending as much time on describing your CPEs as you did on actually earning them! If we need more information to approve an activity, we'll reach out 🙂

Thanks for your help!

F--Z
Newcomer I

I don't know if you have I idea, but the field "Review Text", is no longer shown as mandatory with the red star.

Does it mean that something has changed and it's no longer mandatory to add a review of webinar/podcast/... ?

amandavanceISC2

@F--Z Thank you for your note. I do not believe the review text field was ever mandatory for this section; however, the option to submit a quick review, or provide the link to the podcast is always available.

Best Regards, 

Amanda