Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BabbyBoss
Newcomer I

CPE Posting Issue

While submitting CPE for CISSP, I noticed that a domain, namely Security and Risk Management, is missing from the list of domains displayed on site. So, the issue is how to submit CPE for webinars relevant to this domain.
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 21.58.49-fullpage.png

10 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Um, pick something else.  Add an explanatory note in the comments.

BabbyBoss
Newcomer I

Dear Denbesten,

To my view, attached image is self-explanatory. If you need additional information, please be specific about it.

Best regards,

Babby Boss

denbesten
Community Champion

Sorry. Allow me to rephrase....

Select a different category when submitting your CPE so that the you are able to continue with your submission.  Then in the comments section of the CPE add an explanatory note that says something like "should be Security and Risk Management".

BabbyBoss
Newcomer I

Logical flow of CPE submission in my case is as follows:

1. Specify begin date and end date
2. Have you fulfilled a CPE offered by (ISC)²: No
3. Select a CPE Type: Education - Online webinars, podcasts and other online materials
4. Input Title, Presenter, Year published, Credits, and Review Text
5. Upload supporting documents like webinar screenshots, and attendance certificate
6. Click Save & Continue
7. Choose domain under Apply your CPE section.

Here I do not see Security and Risk Management domain listed.

Following your suggestion to choose another category, I tried with following categories one by one, but experienced same problem (missing Security and Risk Management domain)

• Book/Magazine/Whitepaper
• Education - Education Courses and Seminars
• Higher Academic Course
• Industry Conference
• Vendor Presentation

Finally, there is no such Comments section; users are expected to optionally share their views about CPE activity in Review Text box.

denbesten
Community Champion

Sorry. Allow me to rephrase....

Select a different domain category when submitting your CPE so that the you are able to continue with your submission.  Then in the review text comments section of the CPE add an explanatory note that says something like "should be Security and Risk Management".

BabbyBoss
Newcomer I

This is definitely a workaround, not a desired solution. The CPE Portal should be updated with missing CISSP domain (Security and Risk Management), instead of forcing users to apply such workarounds.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Just to clarify, there are only 2 types of CPEs: Group A which pertain to the domains of your certifications, and Group B which are related to professional development in areas not associated to the domains of your certifications.

The Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP certification has been erroneously removed from the CPE portal but was really only there to help you decide if the CPEs you are submitting are Group A or Group B. The domain will likely be restored in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, logging CPEs under any other domain will have the desired effect of them being logged as Group A - the domain doesn't even get recorded after the CPEs have been submitted anyway.

denbesten
Community Champion

Without question.  The CPE portal has more than its fair share of gotchas.   The good news is that they are promising a rewrite.  The bad news is that the prior rewrite was not universally perceived as an improvement.

BabbyBoss
Newcomer I

The CPE Portal Maintenance Team should recognize this issue and be quick to update the page, instead of allowing. users to apply workarounds. Moreover, if domains are not recorded, then presenting the list of domain against every certificate does not serve any purpose.