Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDIO
Newcomer I

CPE Logging Still Broken

How many other members are still currently affected by the login error when trying to log CPEs? 

I have been for months and am currently on my 2nd ticket in the past 2 weeks after the original failed to rectify. I see the membership payment due 11/30 "to prevent disruption", however it is unreasonable to require payment when the CPE process is broken, which carries the risk of disrupting my CISSP certification status.

Do we have assurances that certifications are protected while this Authentication issue is being resolved? From the community board alone, this appears to be an known issue for more than a year.

Anyone manage to cut through the red tape and get resolution quickly? Any ISC2 staff able to expedite resolution?

16 Replies
Christopher_K
Viewer II

I'm in there every day logging CPE's.  What are you seeing? What's this about logging in?

JDIO
Newcomer I

SSO error when trying to manage CPEs

denbesten
Community Champion

@JDIO wrote:

Do we have assurances that certifications are protected while this Authentication issue is being resolved?

No. 

SSO error when trying to manage CPEs

(ISC)² treats SSO issues as individual to each account.  They do not believe there to be a systemic issue. Until your account is repaired, try logging directly into https://cpe.isc2.org/s/ .  This bypasses some parts of the SSO system which might avoid the particular spot where your authentication is failing -- it did for me.

Also, you might want to consider adopting a defensive stance, especially given the impending deadline:

1. Keep records of all communications, including a journal of calls.
  2. Keep parallel CPE records, including supporting evidence (a good practice regardless).
  3. Make sure your CPEs are earned prior to the end of your 3-year cycle, even if you can't file them.
  4. Pay your AMF before deadline and get a receipt.  I.E. Screenshots when paying online; request the transaction# when paying over the phone; or mail a check with  tracking.  Within the US, using a bubble envelope is the cheapest way ($3.74) to accomplish the latter.

The goal being that if everything blows up, you absolutely have the high-ground to support any appeal.

JDIO
Newcomer I

Thank you for the link, however it is giving me the same error.

As for the other items - 99% agreed and most in effect already. I also have all my CPEs logged for my CISM, so easily referenceable. 

I'm  - at the very least - on the fence about paying membership dues when a core function is broken. I understand the position though.

Thank you again.

denbesten
Community Champion

@JDIO wrote:

I'm  - at the very least - on the fence about paying membership dues when a core function is broken.

Do keep in mind that there is a stiff $600 reinstatement fee that risks interfering with your evil plans.

Glad to be able to provide moral support, even if I can't fix your problem.

Christopher_K
Viewer II

Guys, if you think ISC2 won't make this right, you're just absolutely
paranoid... Do what you have to do, write things down, it will all come
out in the wash...

Keep in mind, this isn't happening with everybody.... It's not some master
plan, just a bump in the road.

--

Christopher Karl Abell, MSIA/CISSP
CraginS
Defender I

@JDIO wrote:

How many other members are still currently affected by the login error when trying to log CPEs? 

Justin,

On Wednesday, November 7, at about 6:30 p.m., CST, I logged into my CPE record by logging into www.isc2.org (not cpe.isc2.org) and clicking the links to reach the CPE dashboard. I added a CPE event with no technical problems at all. If you are still having difficulty, it may be related to your account, rather than a general site problem.

Good luck!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
coolmike
Viewer

Would you know SPOTO? I am learning now.

denbesten
Community Champion

@coolmike wrote:

Would you know SPOTO? I am learning now.

Be careful of anything that says "dump". Most punish cheating severely, and they consider brain dumps to be a serious form.  Read this and this for background.