Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tran6711
Newcomer I

CISSP Provisionally passed today 14-04-18

I just "provisionally" passed the CISSP exam today after 3 months of studying. It is the toughest exam I have ever taken and I am glad I made it. Is there anyone know how long it will take to receive the official result from ISC2? thanks

5 Replies
tran6711
Newcomer I

I received an email instructing me to start the endorsement process but the online endorsement application link is not working, it kept redirecting me to the home page. Anybody have the same problem? 

@tran6711wrote:

I just "provisionally" passed the CISSP exam today after 3 months of studying. It is the toughest exam I have ever taken and I am glad I made it. Is there anyone know how long it will take to receive the official result from ISC2? thanks

Suraya
Newcomer II

Hello  Tran6711

Congratulations, according to the website the official one within 3 weeks.really  I need some recommendations and advice,

1- How many questions do you get?

2- which materials did you study?

3- did you attend any classes?.

Although I don't have enough background or work experience in infosec, however recently I graduated from Network and system security. 

Last week I failed CISSP exam, it was confusing to me. I have got only 101 questions and the exam ended after 2:25 hours.

could you please answer my questions, and give me some recommendation because I need to pass next time.

Thank you

tran6711
Newcomer I

Hi Suraya,

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it, it is the toughest exam I have ever taken. The exam stopped at 100th question and 2 hours. I use CISSP All in one exam guide from Shon Harris and Sybex official practice tests. I didn't take any course, just read the book several times. In my opinion, the best way to pass this exam is to thoroughly understand all the material because I didn't see any familiar question during the exam. Try to do as many practice questions, exams as you can; I found it helpful. The experience in the field did help to answer some tricky questions. I have been working as IT manager, director in the last 17 years. Hope this is helpful to you and good luck!

Suraya
Newcomer II

Hi trans6711

Glad to hear from you, I am persistent to do the exam again. Usually, I like the challenge and the CISSP is the Goal. 

Enjoy your success and I wish you all the best. 

amandavanceISC2

@tran6711 Congratulations on passing the CISSP exam and I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties submitting the endorsement application. Please send me an email with your primary email address on file as well as your (ISC)² ID number and I will assist in resolving this issue.

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org