cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venky_r
Newcomer II

CCSP endorsement email

Hi,

I passed the CCSP exam at a local Pearson test center 5 days ago but have not yet received any acknowledgement email from ISC2.  Any others that passed recently, and how long did it take for the email?

Thanks!

23 Replies
alekos
Newcomer II

@venky_r did you get the results after you completed the exam at the testing center?

Important Information on (ISC)² Exams

“One of the benefits to candidates taking an examination via Computer-Based Testing is that most candidates receive their scores immediately upon completing their examination. In some cases, in order to ensure accurate and valid test results, (ISC)² must conduct periodic psychometric analyses prior to releasing exam results. For the small number of candidates affected by this process, candidates will receive their results within 4-6 weeks following the exam.“

So if you got a provisionally passed immediately after exam completion then you should not have to wait 4-6 weeks to get the confirmation email.However, It will take 4-6 to receive your certification after you have submitted your endorsement information but that is completely separate.

Thanks,

Alex
venky_r
Newcomer II

https://www.isc2.org/Exams/After-Your-Exam# states:

"(ISC)² conducts a thorough statistical and psychometric analysis of the score data to establish the pass/fail score before releasing scores. We need a minimum number of test takers before this analysis can be completed.

Depending on the volume of test takers for a given test, there may be times when scores are delayed for approximately six to eight weeks to complete this critical process."

I don't know how to interpret this - too many test takers or too few that is causing this delay?
alekos
Newcomer II

@venky_r my understanding is that in some cases if there are not enough people taking the exam the wait is longer in order to collect more data.

Now, I’m not questioning this process or how it works; I am just trying to determine where you are in the process and if there is some problem.

You said you passed the exam which means that you received your results. In the scenario that psychometric analysis is required you would not have received your results and would have to wait 4-6 weeks or even longer to get them.

Does that make sense? The fact that you received results immediately after the exam means you were not selected for analysis.
“In some cases, in order to ensure accurate and valid test results, (ISC)² must conduct periodic psychometric analyses PRIOR to releasing exam results.”

ItalianHat
Viewer II

Took my exam March 13 and everything was finalized last week. And that was with a more information request. I would suggest calling the customer service phone number. The support is great. 

venky_r
Newcomer II

Congrats! Did you get the email within the 2-5 business days?
ItalianHat
Viewer II

It was in the 5 day time frame.
venky_r
Newcomer II

Spoke to customer service and the rep told me Pearson had not sent the scores to ISC2 😧 I guess should I have called much sooner.  He said he would email them to get it sorted out.  

mrameshkumar25
Newcomer II

I took the pilot online cert. Except for the provisionally passed report, got no other communication from ISC2. When I called they were still waiting for the analysis completion - 6 to 8 weeks. This is the 7th week and was asked to wait one more week :). Hopefully I should see a mail soon.

venky_r
Newcomer II

PearsonVue says sent scores on March 28, ISC2 says did not receive it, 2 weeks later.  I opened a ticket with Pearson on this and they promptly sent me a copy of the same score report I received at the test center.   ISC2 support said they would look into - 5 business days later nothing.  Anyone else experienced this?

mrameshkumar25
Newcomer II

I called ISC2 last week and they said they are still doing the analysis - and i need to wait for 6-8 weeks [a standard statement]. Tomorrow is the end of 8 weeks and I'm still waiting to hear from them. 

Still hopeful though 🙂