Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan787
Newcomer I

CCSP Endorsement Time

I submitted my CCSP Endorsement on 9 Feb 2018, and was self-endorsed as I am a CISSP. I am pretty impressed that the whole endorsement process is fully automated, which is quick and easy to use (Good Job ISC2!).

However, it has been a month since my submission and there are no news about it yet. I do not mind waiting, but I would think that by automating the process and since it is a self endorsement for this case, the waiting time would have been slightly shorter than compared to other certifications.

Have a great day ahead. 

Cheers.

37 Replies
Bryan787
Newcomer I

Thanks @JD and Congrats!

I just received the endorsement email as well, Kudos to ISC2 as it take just over 4 weeks for the processing of endorsement. 

Can I check if there is any way to download a copy of the certificate online? 

Oldwatermelon
Viewer II

Congrats and I'm waiting my endorsement email too! It's really so slowly! 

billclancy
Contributor I

I'm in the same boat. I tested on June 7, 2018, submitted the endorsement on June 12, and here we are on July 13. I understand that they give themselves six weeks to complete an endorsement, but as a longstanding current CISSP (Since 2005), I'd think it's pretty easy to do a quick verification and call it good. 

billclancy
Contributor I

Wow! Less than an hour from my last post...I got my letter from ISC2!

Thank you so much, now I can recoup $3700 from my employer.

billclancy
Contributor I

@Bryan787 wrote:

Thanks @JD and Congrats!

I just received the endorsement email as well, Kudos to ISC2 as it take just over 4 weeks for the processing of endorsement. 

Can I check if there is any way to download a copy of the certificate online? 

Bryan,

If you login to the isc2.org page > members only, under  "Profile & Info", there is a digital certificates button, which will download your certs. Both my CISSP and new CCSP were in the downloaded .pdf

denbesten
Community Champion

@billclancy wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I tested on June 7, 2018, submitted the endorsement on June 12, and here we are on July 13. I understand that they give themselves six weeks to complete an endorsement, but as a longstanding current CISSP (Since 2005), I'd think it's pretty easy to do a quick verification and call it good. 

My impression is that it is more like a grocery checkout queue.  You get in line and wait for those before you.  In other words, the 6 (or in your case 4.5) weeks represents the length of the queue, not the complexity of your case.  

They don't appear to have a "10 items or less" register and I am not sure if it would be a good thing.  Although you would be able to ditch the line and get out of the store much faster, it is more egalitarian to add another general-purpose register so everyone gets out a bit faster.

However, since the queue seems to run a consistent 4 weeks to 6 weeks, throughput does not seem like the underlying issue.  More likely, they need temporary help to reduce the backlog to 1 to 3 weeks.

Gary23
Newcomer II

I just completed my CCSP endorsement process and it went smoothly.  I received a tickler email after about three weeks.

I understand that turnaround is based on workload, but my experience was four weeks.

Kudos

-Gary

nancy_perez
Newcomer II

The CCSP is a global credential that represents the highest standard for cloud security expertise. When you earn this cloud security certification, you prove you have deep knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud security architecture, design, operations and service orchestration.

StephanB
Newcomer II

I passed my exam August 2nd around 10am.
I submitted my endorsement request online an hour later. As a CISSP, it was a direct submission to isc2. Later that night (11pm) I received an email confirming the receipt of my endorsement request.

On August 23rd I received an automated email informing me that my endorsement is still in the queue, and to please wait for the full 6 weeks to pass before contacting isc2.

On August 30th (today) I received the award email.

Not too bad. Still, not a day went by when I didn't manually log in to check my certs. And on that note, my member homepage still doesn't show it. It shows on my profile, and I received the badge on the community site.
I expect it to show up tomorrow.
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @StephanB

First off, a big CONGRATULATIONS for passing the exam. Secondly, I just wanted to check in and see if you have seen the certification now listed on the member homepage. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any issues or questions. 

Thanks and have a great weekend! 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager