Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Latwaine
Newcomer I

CAP Exam Results

I passed the CAP exam on July 1, 2020 and the results are posted in my Pearson Vue account.  In order for me to receive a welcome aboard letter from ISC2 and have the ability start the endorsement process, the results must me electronically transmitted from Pearson Vue to ISC2.  I called Pearson Vue and they stated that they transmitted my results.  I called ISC2 and they stated that they are having a problem with receiving the results from Pearson Vue on all CAP exams and they don't know when it will be fixed.  Has anyone else had this problem or have an idea of when it will be fixed?  

16 Replies
DaltonB
Newcomer I

Hey Alphonso,

The majority of questions will stem from the NIST 800-37 (RMF) but you should be familiar with the concepts presented in FIPS 199 and 200, and the general purposes of the other NIST special publications. If you have access to the FedVTE training website, they have a 11 hour course on there that covers all of the exam objectives so you feel extremely confident walking into the exam room.  

Hope that helps!

-Dalton

Cobra302pwr
Newcomer I

Thank you Dalton, that helps tremendously!

Alphonso

cwas228
Newcomer I

Was the exam on Rev 1 or Rev 2 of RMF?
cwas228
Newcomer I

Was your exam based on Rev or Rev2? I'm taking it in a couple of weeks and no one can seem to give an answer on which revision the exam is now on. Thanks in Advance!

Cobra302pwr
Newcomer I

I studied both documents, because the exam guidelines were released on Oct 15, 2018, NIST 37 R1 was withdrawn on December of 2019, NIST 37 R2 publication was May of 2018, and usually exam guidelines are good for at least 2 years. 

I took the test back in Sept 2020, and found a great deal of other NIST instructions mentioned in 37 R1 and R2. So I read over R1 and R2 in a review like manner. Also keep in mind the 2 year experience requirement, if you know the steps of the RMF and what NIST Instruction aligns with those steps you will be ok. 

Just remember there are other NIST Instructions you MUST study in order to pass this test.  

cwas228
Newcomer I

Thanks for the info. So was there any Rev 2 stuff on the exam? The major changes being the addition of the Prepare step and the addition of tasks in some of the other steps. Also, the SDLC aligns differently in Rev 2 then it does in Rev 1. The correct answer for Rev 2 may not be correct for Rev 1.

Cobra302pwr
Newcomer I

No problem. I cannot exactly remember. I think the tests consisted of both. As far as the SDLC I studied NIST 64 AND 160. MY test version did not appear to be detailed specific on any of the NIST instructions. Basically know the RMF process AND read over the instructions pertaining to the RMF process.