cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcinti
Newcomer I

Blockchain certification ?

Hi Info Sec Community !

Does anybody know about some kind of blockchain (not bitcoin!) certification on the market ?

As far as I´ve read ISC2 is neither offering training nor a certification yet.

Thanks for your comments and help !

Leandro

3 Replies
Beads
Advocate I

The technology is still pretty nascent at this time. Outside of cryptocurrency there hasn't been much application to other products. There are companies currently working on applying this technology to highly fragmented record keeping like financial trades and medical records.

There are a number of startups claiming to have certifications involving this technology but time will tell if any of these amount to anything more than just the latest land grab or attempt to shed a 'halo effect' on the industry.

Approach with skepticism.

lcinti
Newcomer I

I appreciate your perspective and comments Beads. Thanks for you time !

JoePete
Advocate I

@Beadswrote:

The technology is still pretty nascent at this time. Outside of cryptocurrency there hasn't been much application to other products.

Agreed. I'd add that while there is significant potential for blockchain technology to be used in any process/product where integrity is essential, the core of it remains cryptography; I am not sure it warrants an in-depth certification. Certainly as products involving blockchains come on the market you will see those product-specific certifications.

Approach with skepticism.

Exactly. In addition to the usual caveats surrounding any buzzphrase, blockchains require an investment of time and computing power. It's very possible to envision a scenario where it costs more to ensure the integrity of a transaction than the transaction is worth.