cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ordep
Newcomer I

Another Brighttalk account creation?

Hi there,

although I have already a Brightalk account (and I'm logged in to that account) whenever I click to watch a Thinktank webinar I'm asked to create a Brighttalk account.

ISC2's site claims "You will only be asked to create an account one time."

What am I supposed to do now?

Best regards, Ordep

4 Replies
esilvalabh
Newcomer II

I had the same issue and  Brighttalk does not provides any kind of help or support to amend the Brighttalk account. Regarding to this situation, Brighttalk told me that I need to copy the entire URL of the webinar and copy it in the CPE report website.

I.e. There is no support from Brighttalk to change the ID or account, it is a shame.

Tim_ISC2
ISC2 Team

I've checked with Brighttalk Support and this is what they have responded with:

From what your viewers described, they are visiting your site and clicking to attend the webinar.

If they are not logged into their BrightTALK account on their browser, they will be presented with a registration form (for joining BrightTALK). There should be a button on the top right of this form to switch it to a Log In form.

It is possible that they either did not notice this, or that their browser version or settings prevented this button from appearing on their screen.

Support is happy to handle your inquiry/issue directly. If you'd like, please forward your e-mail address to me at tgaron@isc2.org and I'll connect you with with my support contact.

Ordep
Newcomer I

Hi Tim,

thank you for contacting Brighttalk.

I had noticed that "Log in" button when clicking on a Webinar. After entering the credentials I get redirected to the formular to create a Brighttalk account. Since I've double checked my credentials that they are correct I'm tending to believe that the "Log in" access fails for some reason.

Is there a chance to check log files to see why the login fails?

Best regard, Ordep

p.s.: for the moment I would like to discuss this topic here. If it turns out it's not of public interest we can switch to direct communication. Does that make sense?

Tim_ISC2
ISC2 Team

I spoke with Brighttalk support and they haven't been able to duplicate the issue that you're experiencing. They've requested your name/user name so that they can examine the account and audit and see where things are going awry for you. Please provide you info to me directly at my e-mail address here at (ISC)2, tgaron@isc2.org.

Thanks!