Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
litwin
Newcomer I

Already have CISSP , should I also get CCSP?

Hello, I already have my CISSP and a manager for a SaaS provider. Should I also get my CCSP? or is this just redundant?

6 Replies
Beads
Advocate I

Really it depends on where you see your SaaS career going to the cloud in the near future or if you want to learn cloud technology for the sake of learning cloud?

Of course doing the CCSP would provide a years worth of CPEs unto itself.

KrishnaPandey
Newcomer I

I think, Yes!! I got mine yesterday. You have to understand that Cloud is different beast. Even ISO/IEC had to come up with different standards 27017 and 27018 to deal with it, as it can't be handled with ISO 27001 itself. Similarly you have different NIST guidelines for Cloud. I am also a CISSP and I will say the CBK for CCSP may have about 10-20% overlap. Most of the things are very specific to Cloud technologies.
MarkoMantere
Viewer

If you are working with cloud technologies, then absolutely. Should not be too big of an effort after completing the CISSP.

PMEL
Viewer II

Did you get CPEs for going through and getting certified in CCSP?

KrishnaPandey
Newcomer I

Yes, I claimed the same and got it. Thanks.
litwin
Newcomer I

Is it worth taking the online coarse for CCSP , or did you just review the study guide? I already work for a SaaS company and have my CISSP so I am no stranger to the technology.