Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melrad
Newcomer I

Access problems

I've recently been notified that my CISSP is official and I have a member ID, though still waiting for my paper certificate and other goodies.

However, I don't seem to have access to various parts of the ISC2 site.

If I click on CPEs, I get a Salesforce Single Sign-On Error.

If I try to register for a course in the Professional Development Institute, I get a 'Not Authorized error'.

I did  finally get my Digital Badge working.

How long does it take to have all of my accesses completed?

Thanks.

9 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

You should be able to access those things more or less straight away after you are endorsed, so you will need to contact Member Support to check why you don't have access yet - I have found the best time to call them is in the morning around 9:30am.

BTW - you can't complete any CPE activities and have them counted towards your CPE requirements until your certification cycle starts, which is typically the first day of the month after your endorsement was approved. So, if you were endorsed sometime in June your cycle would start on 1st July.

If it were me I'd not be so keen to access the CPE Portal or start undertaking PDI courses knowing I potentially couldn't enter any of the available CPEs yet.

melrad
Newcomer I

Ok, so I'm probably not at that point yet. My cycle start on 6/1/2019 so I'll check again on July 1.

Thanks for the information!

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

If your cycle has already started you should definitely be able to access everything and start earning and logging those CPEs - contact Member Support at your earliest convenience.

amandavanceISC2

@melrad Please email me directly with your member ID number and primary email address on file and I will submit a ticket to update your account.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

gnich55
Newcomer I

I can't enter CPEs when I get to the Domain section. I had another peer go to the location and there is a drop down menu option. Nothing drops down for me. I tried on Windows and Mac with four browsers with the same results. Is anyone having this issue? 

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@gnich55 

Hi and welcome!

What ISC2 certification(s) do you hold, and what are your cycle dates? 

From memory, there are no drop-down menus in the "Domain" section of the CPE portal, just checkboxes - can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

gnich55
Newcomer I

I am seeing the screen below with no options to do anything. I am entering CPE for a prior cycle from 2017 to 2020. The credentials are for SSCP and CISSP. Support at ISC2 have all the details but they are saying they cannot help me. I had another peer (CISSP) go through the same process and at first, I saw him see the same screen, than an options box popped up below (looked like a drop down). I believe something is wrong with  my account. Please help.

gnich55_0-1634939858091.png

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@gnich55 

You get a 90-day grace period to earn/enter CPEs for a previous cycle. If that previous cycle ended in 2020, you are well past the deadline now!

See section 4.1 for details:

https://www.isc2.org/policies-procedures/member-policies#accordion-9e17c7bfdbfb4d179221ce33d0658fe6

The reason I asked what certifications you hold, and what your cycle dates are, is because you have no certification badges showing in your Community profile. This, along with the additional information you provided, leads me to believe your member status has likely been suspended.

What exactly are Member Services saying to you? Presumably, you need to go through the process outlined in section 4.3 of the link I posted above, which potentially involves a sizeable reinstatement fee before you will be able to enter the CPEs.

gnich55
Newcomer I

ISC2 support fixed my issue. It was related to my account on their end. Thanks all for helping me out. Regards,