cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jumiller
Newcomer I

AMF issue

Hello,

I have tried to contact member support a number of times and still have not yet gotten a response. I cannot find what date my first email came through back in April when I received the first notification, however on 5/14 I sent an email through to member support requesting help and replied back on 5/17 which was three days later. From other threads I found floating around the response time should be around three days which is why I waited. I have also left a few voice mails requesting a call back but have yet to be contacted.

I have paid my AMF’s as far as I know, however when I login to the site it shows I need to pay my outstanding AMF balance of 35$ and provides a 'Pay' button next to the warning. When I click on the ‘Pay’ button it shows a message that my AMF payments are current, and to review my payment schedule to view ‘My Account’ and only provides a button for 'OK'. When I click on 'OK' it brings me back to the member dashboard where I started.

There is no actual 'My Account' page, only 'Member Dashboard' and 'My Profile'. When I click on 'Maintenance Fees' on the member dashboard this also brings me to the same exact page that says AMF payments are current. I see no where that I can pay or view the 35$ fee other than the emails I am receiving saying it needs to be paid, or the warning on the main dashboard page.

Can someone please help me get this resolved?

4 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

I think the problem you're having is due to the changes ISC2 made in AMF payments.  There have been many posting on explaining this.

Apparently the way things were being paid, we paid afterwards, rather then forwards.  So many of us have to pay more this year to get into the new scheme.

In the new scheme of everyone paying $125 a year, we ALL need to be paid up thru the end of June.  So if you have a payment you would normally pay toward the end of this year or early next year, you need to pay now.

For me, I would paid one of my certs in November and the other in February of next year.  I had to pay both of these NOW to get onto this new schedule.  Which sucks.  You'd think maybe they'd let that go, but not so.

Hope this helps.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
jumiller
Newcomer I

emb021,

I'm finding it hard to find out where I can even pay this fee. The link to pay the fee goes to a page that says the AMF's are already paid and no other links anywhere allow me to pay the fee it says that I need to pay. It is as if there is a bug in the payment system that isn't allowing me to pay what I need to. I have no problem paying the fee, I am having trouble being able to actually pay it...

jumiller
Newcomer I

The issue appears to have been a problem with my account. Once I was able to get through to member support via phone and walked them through what was happening, referencing my prior email with screen shots, we also uncovered the confirmation email of the payment made before which satisfied both the old and new AMF's. The case was forwarded to the technical team to review what isn't talking to what on the back end to get things showing up properly on my account.

I would personally rather hold on the line for an hour rather than get directed to a voice mail, but I guess that also gives you a better 'luck of the draw' if you keep calling back in over and over after hitting the voice mailbox until you get a hold of a human. All in all once I finally got a hold of someone the path forward looks much clearer with a light at the end of the tunnel.

amandavanceISC2

@jumiller Thank you for your post and I apologize for the tardiness. I see you were able to reach someone on my team. Is there anything I can assist you with? For anything related to your account, please email me directly at avance@isc2.org from your primary email address on file and include your member ID number.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance