Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcontesti
Community Champion

2021 Board elections - does anyone care?

All,

The board of directors elections are coming up on Sept. 15th and we (members in good standing as of June 12th?) will be asked to cast our vote for one of the candidates.  I originally thought that I might have missed an email or something telling me about the candidates....but was told about a week ago that the bios were not ready.

Having looked at the list, two of the candidates are current board members but four are new, well three seem to be new and one is a returning candidate (one I believe resigned due to work commitments but then their bio would assist in understanding the difference between now and then).

Also I have not seen anything on the candidates that petitioned to have their names included on the ballot, were they successful or not?  No one knows.

As a Past Chair of the Board, I find the transparency of this election to be wanting.  Who are the candidates, what do they see for the organization, what will they do, etc. and why have we not seen or heard from any of them.

Like in past elections, I expect one or two of them to show up here for a few volleys with the Community and then when the election is done, see them disappear.

So my question to the board, when will we the constituents see the Bios of those folks asking for us to support them.

11 Replies
wimremes
Contributor III

Appreciated. I'm surprised that a mail to the membership didn't go out. Or a press release as I believe it was done before.

Sic semper tyrannis.
wimremes
Contributor III

Are the incumbents contesting the results? 😮

Sic semper tyrannis.