Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbacon83
Newcomer I

What IT Security Certifications Are Growing As Desired By Employers

According to the Cyber Edge group's 2022 Cyber Threat Defense Report, employers interviewed indicated that certifications in cloud security and software security as shown below are in top demand.  These certifications would include the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) and Certified Software Security Lifecycle Professionals (CSSLP).    According to the trends I've been tracking on Indeed from employer job postings it appears however, the certification trends posted in employer job openings have the CISSP followed by ISACAs Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) as the top certifications. CCSP and CSSLP are among the lower ranked advertised certifications for employer job openings.  Maybe the new trend hasn't caught on yet with employer job advertisements?

Screenshot 2022-09-30 165112.png

Screenshot 2022-09-30 165910.png

20 Replies
FatalByte
Viewer II

Thank you for the overview. As someone who is continually striving to pursue the most relevant certifications in today's ever-evolving landscape, I found this information to be an invaluable roadmap for anyone looking to enhance their cybersecurity knowledge.