Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Want to know where your nation resides in terms of Cybersecurity?

Hi All

Here is a fascinating insight into your nation's cybersecurity:

"The Belfer National Cyber Power Index (NCPI) measures 30 countries’ cyber capabilities in the context of seven national objectives, using 32 intent indicators and 27 capability indicators with evidence collected from publicly available data"

Good reading

Regards

Caute_cautim

2 Replies
tmekelburg1
Community Champion

What's up with Australia and NZ @Caute_cautim!? Luckily one barely made the top 10 list! 

On a serious note, thanks for posting this. It's been a surprisingly good read through. I was more interested in how they gathered this type of data, rather than the results, and I'm glad they posted their sources at the end. I'll have to check those out later as well.

I'm trying to relate this in some way to the Enterprise and not necessarily at the Government / Nation State level. What really stuck out to me was the distinction and importance between the government intent and capability level. Their distinctions are as such:

"A government may have the capabilities to achieve an objective using cyber means but not have the intent to do so"

"A government may wish to pursue an objective through cyber means but lacks the required capability or resources to actually do so"

I then replaced 'government' with 'company' and that's how I was able to relate it to our Enterprise issues we're currently facing. A company may have the required capability to achieve an objective through cyber means but than the Management Team changes intent (pivots in another direction). A company may have the intent to achieve an objective but lack the necessary capability (resources) to do so. 

I'm also hoping next year they are able to add in "Amassing Wealth and Extracting Cryptocurrency" to their list of objectives measured for each Country. My guess would be Countries listed at the bottom of the list would move up.

Was anyone surprised with the results?

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@tmekelburg1I have seen some people who unlike you studied the results and the methodology and came to some strange conclusions including pooh pooing the results. 

Regards

Caute_cautim