Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDefects
Community Champion

WFH Forever!

Say goodbye to The Office! Sure you'll still need to do your TPS reports, but IF you work for Facebook maybe you'll go back in the summer of 2021. If you work for Twitter, the new reality is that you will never have to go back, says Jack Dorsey. Holiday, it feels so right! Every corporation needs to modernize their WFH policies!

3 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

Sorry, but I don't like WFH.

Maybe if I had a home office separate from everything, might be ok.  But I don't so I'm not liking it.  I like separating work from my life, thank you very much.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
chogan
Newcomer II

I have mixed feelings.  My work from home "office" (corner of my bedroom) works, but is not optimal.  I am loving not having to put gas in my car and getting to sleep an hour later, but I miss the social interaction with my co-workers.  With some tweaking, I can see making it work long-term.

Beads
Advocate I

Overall, HR is reporting lower productivity, higher levels of stress and absenteeism than ever before. Working from home appears to work well enough for many nuts and bolts technician types of work but as you learn your trade, ply your skills in these things we call 'meetings' you will find out that you can accomplish more over lunch than you can a full week's work from home.

I mostly see generation zennials harking a new age of online only interaction. At a point it simply doesn't work and has been fraught with more problems for my hybrid organization than its been worth. Alcoholism, opioid abuse and suicide are also increasing dramatically. Have you not mysteriously "lost" an employee or two? Most of us have. If not take another look, you may be surprised with what learn.

- b/eads