Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyslinger2
Community Champion

Save the Internet Act

Just because it is renamed, Net Neutrality is the same as it was before.  There are arguments to both sides on it's value.  Being the political skeptic my thought is if congress is trying to enact something chances are REALLY good that we lose.  

Because I've owned and operated businesses in the past I'm never a fan of someone who knows nothing about my business telling me how to run my business.  If I've designed my production line to build 10 disgrontificators an hour but the Feds want to restrict me to 8 I loose the capability to earn more income and employ more people. Same with an ISP.  

Most of us are tech savvy enough to know that ISP's build their network to carry a certain capacity based on data that they have analyzed.  The ISP's determined the correct design, purchased the correct devices and installed and tested it all.  Along comes the final 4 basket ball games and everyone wants to stream it because we have two teams that neither have won a championship before.  Kool stuff.  But, if the demand for bandwidth is higher then what the pipe can carry the ISP has to manage it or no one gets any data.  E911 services still need to operate.  Mission critical functions still have to exchange data.  VOIP/SIP calls still need to get through.  It' possible that you may not be able to watch the final four game in 4K because it is too much of a bandwidth hog.

I think congress needs to stay out of this. But they won't.

0 Replies