Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vt100
Community Champion

Professional liability insurance for cybersecurity consultants

I've been consulting for the past few years. Primarily, my engagements were through VARs and, as such, were covered by their insurance policies.

From time to time I am approached by the clients directly and, as par of the course, am asked to provide them with a copy of my insurance policy certificate.

So long as my engagements were confined strictly to the infrastructure architecture, this was a non-issue. It was falling under "Computer Consultant" category, which most insurers have no problem underwriting.

But when you add "cybersecurity" as a part of your offerings, there are no takers. Just got off the phone with second SMB insurer that was not interested in underwriting a professional liability portion (i.e. they list it also as "errors and omissions").

I'd appreciate the input from those of you who were in the same boat and were able to find the solution.

Regards,

Vladimir

10 Replies
Lamont29
Community Champion

@Baechlewrote:

Lamont,

@Lamont29wrote:

Shortly after I replied to this post, I received a call soliciting my interest in cyber security and professional liability insurance. Coincidence? I don’t think so!

Do you mind sharing with us who the carrier/underwriter was?

It was Mylo Insurance 844-863-5950. Never heard of them before I replied to this thread.

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE