cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Positive Thoughts

Hi All

We have been through a great deal this year, those who have survived so far, may get caught up in the recovery next year i.e. job losses, shrinking of businesses.

COVID-19 is a very big challenge, but it is a virus, it can be tackled, there are approaches to overcome it.

But regardless of what is happening, organisations need "Security & Privacy", in order to survive the onslaught of attacks, and now the criminals have everyone's attention, everything and everyone is now jumping on the bandwagon.   Spam, Phishing, BEC and additional Scams being directed at Hospitals and areas upon which communities depend upon.

However, we must remain strong, motivated, even if we hit negative comments, thoughts from leaders around us, businesses cannot survive the increased onslaught of attacks - now they have a foot hold, and they are making more money than legal legitimate organisations i.e. they don't pay tax, they hide their presence.

And the silly thing is we keep feeding the criminals, by using social media, giving away information on a daily basis, feeling lonely then relationship scams which fleece people at their lowest ebb and then the victim is too scared to front up and say it happened to me etc.   Its embarrassing for them.

What is your digital footprint, are you giving too much information, given away information which makes it easier for criminals to win - we are just making too easy for them.

So everyone, stay strong, if you are stuck, don't give up, volunteer, make yourselves indispensable and show your worth, but do not give in - stay positive, and use this opportunity to grow your own selves, your capabilities and use your time wisely.  Plus give yourself time, to rest, relax, but also for thinking, even if you don't you are in the background.   Give yourself space, but keep yourself motivated and let this rub off on others around you.

You owe it to your own selves.

Regards

Caute_cautim

2 Replies
ericgeater
Community Champion

Great post!!  Very fitting for the current situation we're facing.

I'd like to add to your post, and suggest that people take outdoor walks as part of their rest or relaxation.  Parks, sidewalks, hiking, urban hiking... whatever's available  Carry a mask with you as an emergency barrier, but dress appropriately for your weather and go walk.

In offices and enclosed spaces, we mask while moving and in meetings (think of us as data in transit / data in use), possibly get to unmask in our cubicles (data at rest)... but it's still recycled air.  At home, we unmask, but it's not as dynamic with less human interaction.  So go outside and walk.  Even calm winds will quickly diffuse the air we all breathe.

You can still speak with others safely in distance.  Your body will get some exercise.  You can breathe deeply with little concerns.  Your instinctive role as a pattern hunter will enjoy the external stimuli.

Now I'll repeat something @Caute_cautim said, because it was my favorite part of the post: "do not give in - stay positive."

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@ericgeater    Hi Eric, thank you - thank you for adding the most essential element "breathing" and getting out in the air.  It was an off the spur talk, to keep people focused no what happens, we will get through this and many other challenges with the right attitude, even when you think the "chips" are down.

Regards

Caute_cautim