Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rslade
Influencer II

News is bad ...

The US Army and Air Force Exchange Service sent a memo this week to stores, telling managers: "News channels should not be shown on common area TVs due to their divisive political nature."

Instead, the Defense Department agency suggested that stores feature something less controversial: sports. "The Exchange has elected to play sports channels/sports programming on all common area TVs," the message stated.

Oh, yeah.  Like sports isn't divisive ...

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
4 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

No matter what they decide to run, there will be folks that want to argue / disagree / etc.  Say they choose comedy shows, some folks think that Nipsy Russell is hilarious or that Howie Mandell is not and I have seen folks get into heated arguments over that and yet others think that Seinfeld is the most brilliant comic.....

I think I would rather the news but then I am not a sports junkie either......go Ticats LOL

d

CISOScott
Community Champion

I don't know how it is up there in Canada, but someone did a mash-up (several videos clipped together) of daily news shows from about 20 US news stations across the country and they were able to show that all of those news stations were saying the EXACT same thing. It was as if they were handed a script and they were all reading from the same thing.  This was across several different channels as well.

Almost like it was propaganda.......

I wonder if it came from the Ministry of Love............???

CraginS
Defender I

@CISOScott wrote:

a mash-up (several videos clipped together) of daily news shows from about 20 US news stations across the country and they were able to show that all of those news stations were saying the EXACT same thing. 

That mashup (if you are referring to the one I saw) was of a specific opinion piece from stations all owned by the same company. It was built to demonstrate how the company was centrally controlling all of the local news departments.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
CraginS
Defender I

@rslade wrote:

The US

Instead, the Defense Department agency suggested that stores feature something less controversial: sports. "The Exchange has elected to play sports channels/sports programming on all common area TVs," the message stated.

My old fitness center had several TVs in the machine and weight room. They had three news channels and two sports channels going around the room, none with sound and all with Closed Captioning running. I thought it was a fine solution.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts