cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Is cybersecurity a collaboration issue?

Hi All

Is cybersecurity a collaborative issue?  After the Colonial pipeline issue, suddenly Zero Trust becomes a mandate along with encryption - but it is not a magic bullet, it is a journey.

https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/biden-executive-order-zero-trust/

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/business/2021/05/11/ibm-ceo-cybersecurity.cnnbusiness/video/playlists...

Regards

Caute_Cautim

4 Replies
CISOScott
Community Champion

Yes it is a collaboration issue. I have seen too many places where IT and security do not get along.  If you can work the magic and achieve collaboration then you are doing well and doing the right thing. I have always tried to show how, as an INFOSEC professional, that we can work together as a team and achieve a better security posture than before and how my efforts are to help them be successful and not hinder them from moving forward.

flendeborg
Viewer

Caute_Cautim 

Although I also believe cybersecurity is a collaboration effort, most of these breaches can be avoid with basic cybersecurity hygiene. In order to achieve this, INFOSEC professionals should have the ability to enforce policies from a top-down approach. Policies in place verifying business-approve controls will provide enough hygiene and shift the focus to more advanced and persistent threads.

Fausto Lendeborg
Deshaun
Viewer

I am learning JavaScript. I want to learn front, then proceed to back end web development. What path should I follow to become a cyber security expert? 

Kabosu Coin Price

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@Deshaun    Thank you for your question. 

I am interested in why your post had a link to (kabosucoin.net/)

Was it deliberate or did it follow you when you typed in your question?

Well, if you are interested in learning Javascript and web application languages, you should know what their weaknesses are, their strengths and what is good practice?  So I would personally look towards becoming an ethical or Certified Ethical Hacker or CEH.  This gives you the determination to know how it is supposed to work, and then how to break it. 

Just by googling there is plenty of information on the strengths and weaknesses of Javascript:

Disadvantages of JavaScript
  • Client-side Security. Since the JavaScript code is viewable to the user, others may use it for malicious purposes. ...
  • Browser Support. The browser interprets JavaScript differently in different browsers. ...
  • Lack of Debugging Facility. ...
  • Single Inheritance. ...
  • Sluggish Bitwise Function. ...
  • Rendering Stopped.

There are plenty of books either online or guides on the subject, everyone has to start somewhere, so if you are really interested follow your nose, and be inquisitive and go hunting such information down.  Or seek out a mentor to assist you and guide you.

Regards

Caute_cautim